[General Discussion] H3 Poem & The Castaway Theory

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

TheJoseph
Data [Conditional]

Re: [General Discussion] H3 Poem & The Castaway Theory

Unread post by TheJoseph »

It can't find the page for me.

In other news, and this should probably be in speculation, but... everyone remember the tiny little streak in the upper right-hand corner of the first StarImage? Well, I matched it up with a little streak in the cover of the Castaway Theory - the version with the stars and such. There's nothing really to be seen yet, and when matched up perfectly the stars and glyph don't point to anything at all. Seems like nothing at this point, so I figured I'd save everyone else the time and effort. Still, here's a picture of what I'm talking about. The streak is on the top, and it just seems uncannily similar.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rhelianalto/1054060743/
tootthekazoo
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by tootthekazoo »

Mataxia wrote:Is it just me or does http://206.16.233.65/ not redirect to Server 1 anymore...?
it's 206.16.223.65
Atlas
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Atlas »

in regards to the aug 12 moon and new server, plus speghetti, the 12th is also the peak of the meteor shower... (¿"persiedes"¿ meteor shower) spelling not sure, but a lit candle, and speghetti might be a referance to a shooting star... out on a limb here tho...

also might the star images be a clue that it has something to do with the sky?
Hastati
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Hastati »

Atlas wrote:
Atlas wrote:in regards to the aug 12 moon and new server, plus speghetti, the 12th is also the peak of the meteor shower... (¿"persiedes"¿ meteor shower) spelling not sure, but a lit candle, and speghetti might be a referance to a shooting star... out on a limb here tho...
also might the star images be a clue that it has something to do with the sky?

Good point. Very very interesting . . . . . .
M4730
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by M4730 »

A theory somewhat borrowed from a co-worker. Sanatos said that Volman wouldn't go through the trouble of hiding something, rather just blatantly say it it or admit it. Meaning, something obvious, not hidden, something we're looking way too far into. "Castaway Theory" can be literally interpreted as, "cast away this theory". The theory being the actual equation, equations and mathematical problems are referred to as theories right? It's not the equation we're after, we may not even need it...yet. I read through much of the thread and didnt see anything like this or whether solving the equation or working with it was already claimed as useless. Anywho, justa thought.
Atlas
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Atlas »

http://meteorshowersonline.com/perseids.html has a star chart that is scary familiar...lol
Hastati
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Hastati »

M4730 wrote:A theory somewhat borrowed from a co-worker. Sanatos said that Volman wouldn't go through the trouble of hiding something, rather just blatantly say it it or admit it. Meaning, something obvious, not hidden, something we're looking way too far into. "Castaway Theory" can be literally interpreted as, "cast away this theory". The theory being the actual equation, equations and mathematical problems are referred to as theories right? It's not the equation we're after, we may not even need it...yet. I read through much of the thread and didnt see anything like this or whether solving the equation or working with it was already claimed as useless. Anywho, justa thought.

Yah. So maybe we should just wait to see what Sanatos says then.
supremely
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by supremely »

Hastati wrote:
TheJoseph wrote:Have we completely dried out the "modus108" clue yet? From the upside-down AR glyph from server 3, it would seem important that we notice that 801snpow turns into modus108 (or at the very least, upside-down it becomes 801subom), whatever that might mean. I think it might be a good idea to... I don't know, look at the book upside down, or count every 108th letter. Keep that clue in mind though, because I doubt it's outlived its usefulness. Besides, 801snpow's image led us to the equation pictured on the front of the book. There is a direct connection between the two already. The filename probably matters.

I thought someone already did that 20 pages back . . . but my memory could have faltered :P too many damn pages. Um . . . Well I'll try it myself.
that was my half brained idea to count Forward 8 since the Foreward section was misspelled. and it had a viii after it. it went no where.
P.S. its kinda funny to read this days later and find my own photoshopped pics from when we were looking at walls (that i stole from D~ or Unr3al i forget...) photoshopped themselves by some strange guy! ~man he didnt even take me to dinner first...
UnrealCh13f
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by UnrealCh13f »

supremely wrote: P.S. its kinda funny to read this days later and find my own photoshopped pics from when we were looking at walls (that i stole from D~ or Unr3al i forget...) photoshopped themselves by some strange guy! ~man he didnt even take me to dinner first...
???
jmlk
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by jmlk »

I know I might be backtracking a bit here, but if Thomas Sanatos says he's an expert puzzle solver, maybe we should try posting a copy of the poem and asking if he sees anything.