Known Glyph Locations (Updated 6/16 at 01:53 MDT)

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

The Se7enth Prophet
Moderator [Designated]

Known Glyph Locations (Updated 6/16 at 01:53 MDT)

Unread post by The Se7enth Prophet »

Okay, as this seems to be important at the moment, I'll update this post as more glyphs are found. This is a list of the where we have found glyphs so far. All times and dates are relative to my local time, Mountain Time, GMT -7.

The glyphs have an unknown purpose, but seem to be a bread crumb trail.

Glyphs found on June 14:

First Glyph
The original glyph in the e-mail sent to some members, seemingly at random. Contained with the poem, you can find it here: http://ebm.email.xbox.com/c/tag/tBGcPWH ... i_footer=1

Second Glyph
The second of the glyphs was found in the upper-left of the visor of Master Chief on Halo3.com. Most have noticed the absence of the top-right portion of the glyph, though the rest of it being the same. Found here: http://halo3.com (Instructions: Enter birthday to enter the site. Go to "About" and then to "Story" then look at the picture of the Master Chief.)

Third Glyph
The third glyph was found on AdjutantReflex's Bungie.net profile as his new avatar. Found here: http://www.bungie.net/Account/Profile.a ... ID=2437447

Fourth Glyph
This glyph was found by digging through what's on Halo3.com A comic section was found. Found here: http://halo3.com/comic (Instructions: Enter birthday, go to the last frame of the last page of the comic.)

Fifth Glyph
Found on the IP site. Found here: http://206.16.223.63/evidence.html

Sixth Glyph
We weren't supposed to know until Sunday, June 17, but we found it. It's a Circuit City ad in a newspaper. T7P's note: I think it's cool how they tried to add a real-world tie!

Glyphs found on June 14

Seventh Glyph
ImageImage
Found on the shirts and signs of the protesters at Times Square in New York City.

Glyphs found of June 15

Eighth Glyph
Found in a Best Buy newspaper add. It's in the bottom-right corner if you can't find it.
_____
Last edited by The Se7enth Prophet on Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:26 pm, edited 10 times in total.
3of9
Arbiter

Re: Known Glyph Locations

Unread post by 3of9 »

Seeing as how this is currently vital information, I'm making this sticky.
Ultimate Dragon
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Ultimate Dragon »

Just to help out a bit, I've made a side by side comparision of the glyphs so far. I'll update the image with more glyphs if/when they show up:

Webshift
Site Admin

Unread post by Webshift »

Ultimate Dragon wrote:Just to help out a bit, I've made a side by side comparision of the glyphs so far. I'll update the image with more glyphs if/when they show up:

I've went back and looked at symbols that people looked up in the first Halo. This glyph looks to be something new.

Or it may be that i've over looked something.
mnemesis
Custodian [Obsolete]

Unread post by mnemesis »

It sure looks like the one in the visor reflection is different than the other two (which look exactly the same).
The Se7enth Prophet
Moderator [Designated]

Re: Known Glyph Locations (Updated 6/14 at 5:07 MDT)

mnem, it is different. The top-right of the circle is missing. It's the same otherwise.

Once the the location of the image for the second glyph changed, I updated the post.
blind-visions
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by blind-visions »

The Se7enth Prophet wrote:mnem, it is different. The top-right of the circle is missing. It's the same otherwise.

Once the the location of the image for the second glyph changed, I updated the post.
It's missing, because it's flipped. Being a reflective surface.
The Se7enth Prophet
Moderator [Designated]

blind-visions wrote:
The Se7enth Prophet wrote:mnem, it is different. The top-right of the circle is missing. It's the same otherwise.

It's missing, because it's flipped. Being a reflective surface.
Well, the other two are complete circles and the one in question is not. I don't think that flipping something removes whole portions of it.
theteal1
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Known Glyph Locations (Updated 6/14 at 5:12 MDT)

Unread post by theteal1 »

I may have found another one... It's kind of sketchy, though.

Everyone look at the picture of the Ark firing on Halo3.com (it's the last screenshot).

Now, look at the pattern in which it is lighting up. Short line on one side, long on at least two others, bright point in the middle, with some sort of indentation on the upper right.

I believe that if the Ark is viewed from above, the symbol will be clearly seen in the center.
Ultimate Dragon
Data [Conditional]

Re: Known Glyph Locations (Updated 6/14 at 5:12 MDT)

Unread post by Ultimate Dragon »

I believe you may be onto something, but we won't know for sure unless we do get an overhead