New blog post by Avery.

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

sharpsniper99
Facilitator [Conditional]

Re: New blog post by Avery.

Unread post by sharpsniper99 »

either way i dont know, but listen you think of another avenue to take on this arg theres no need for us alll to stop following this myspace route why not have a go and see what you come up with.

anyway back on topic i responded on facebook to the image avery put up
me at 6:48pm Jun 15
Beware the bearers of FALSE gifts & their BROKEN PROMISES.Much PAIN but still time.BELIEVe..There is GOOD up there.We oppose DECEPTION.Conduit CLOSING.

thats the message right?

Ave Ry at 7:04pm Jun 15
it is
you have strangely impressive binary decoding skills

ME at 7:07pm Jun 15
ah i didnt decode it :P, wondering what it means though, so far we have had contact with you and a strange entity called adjudent reflex who claims to be ancient.
im wondering whos the bearer of false gifts and whos giving us broken promises
have you heard of this adjucent reflex?

Ave Ry at 7:11pm Jun 15
I like Salmon more than Tuna

meh he doesnt seem to want to reply to me at all!
Magni Harvald
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Magni Harvald »

So he was expecting us to decode it. He'll only reply if we give him what he wants. as soon as we talk about something else he'll start giving us nonsense. Let's ask him if SOTA has found a meaning for the glyph yet.
sharpsniper99

good thinking
Maimbot 9000
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Maimbot 9000 »

sharpsniper99 wrote:plus wasnt the sota website refencing to his myspace?
Other way 'round...as soon as we got that SOTA web site, I googled "Society of the Ancients" and came up with his myspace page, which linked to SOTA.

The thing about myspace is, it's a separate, pre-existing site. This means we aren't meant to hack it or explore it the way we normally are with ARG sites, like SOTA. That's why I don't think this avenue will lead us very far. We can keep talking with the guy, but it sounds like he's already admitted he doesn't know much of what's going on (although, come on, how do you not know the ARG you're participating in is for Halo 3).
sharpsniper99

hes not awnsering our questions because hes keepoing in character, thats what i think anyway
Lichtonatus

Unread post by Lichtonatus »

I actually don't think he's part of it to be honest. We have no way of linking to him from a trusted ARG site. Just because he links to it doesn't mean anything.
serpx
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by serpx »

Him being apart of this ARG thing or not, here's my 2 cents on the whole message.

"Beware the bearers of FALSE gifts & their BROKEN PROMISES.Much PAIN but still time.BELIEVe..There is GOOD up there.We oppose DECEPTION.Conduit CLOSING."

This couldn't be left by the Covenant. They don't leave crop circles. This couldn't be left by the humans, that'd be random as hell. This is obviously left over by the Forerunner, so I think this should be looked at via the forerunner perspective.

"Beware the bearers of false gifts and their broken promises." The Forerunner are trying to warn the humans to beware of something out there, that bears "false gifts" and "broken promises." The Covenant is the first thing that comes to mind, with their whole Great Journey deal.

"Much Pain, but still time. Believe there is good up there." Any thoughts? Maybe believe there are good lifeforms out there ... they're not all bad.

"We oppose DECEPTION." The Forerunners oppose deception. Perhaps they're saying they are good people, and should be trusted.
DarkFire0
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by DarkFire0 »

Or perhaps it's just Avery letting us know that he isn't part of the ARG.
Coweh
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Coweh »

Anyone seen his new post? It's basically just a picture of Crater Lake in Oregon, US. The title is "Roll up the rim to win." Also, the picture comes from a Microsoft Research employee's site...
sharpsniper99

i really dont know whats up with this guy, either way theres no point talking to him he hasnt said anything usfull so far, even if this picture proves he works for microsoft (which i dont think he is) untill he says something usfull no point in bothering with him