Bungie Webcams are updated again (July 09)

The home for threads that have been locked and don't fit into any other archive category.

Moderator: Moderators

Corbob
Data [Authenticated]

Bungie Webcams are updated again (July 09)

Unread post by Corbob »

Check out the webcams..

There is now another sticky that says:

"TK421 Why aren't you at your post?" -Thanks MulletedOne

The second and third web cam are unchanged still.

Edit: Btw, the password for the 888 number isn't TK421.
Last edited by Corbob on Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MulletedOne
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Bungie Webcams are updated again (July 09)

Unread post by MulletedOne »

Actually it's "TK421 Why aren't you at your post?" a quote from Star Wars.
Icy Inferno
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Icy Inferno »

TK421 is a storm-trooper from Star Wars who's only line in direction to him is: "Why aren't you at your post?"
A quick google and you'll find that there a disturbingly large amount of TK421 fansites.

So the fansites might be something bungie since they are devoted to an extremely expendable bit part in star wars.

Also, TK421.com has two numbers and an image.
"207168" (I'm not sure what this one is. It can't be a counter because it doesn't change with refreshes.)
"14:44" (The current time)
The image is a random one, chosen from three possibles.
Flex
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Flex »

I believe the first number is a counter for visits, and the second number is the time or something.
Corbob
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Corbob »

Icy Inferno wrote:TK421 is a storm-trooper from Star Wars who's only line in direction to him is: "Why aren't you at your post?"
A quick google and you'll find that there a disturbingly large amount of TK421 fansites.

So the fansites might be something bungie since they are devoted to an extremely expendable bit part in star wars.

Also, TK421.com has two numbers and an image.
"207168" (I'm not sure what this one is. It can't be a counter because it doesn't change with refreshes.)
"14:44" (The current time)
The image is a random one, chosen from three possibles.
Neither of those numbers are the password for our 888 number.
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

This is unrelated to the ARG and should be discussed at HBO.

As a final note, there is now a 360 controller in the image. Other than that, please take this to B.net or HBO. Thank you.
sassafras
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by sassafras »

I disagree that it should be dismissed outright. If you look at the third webcam, the data for the image is obviously part of the image and it appears to be a little bit... Wrong. While it could be completely unrelated, the date is 1970 (continuing the theme of the FCC help ads being posted in the 70's) and the temp is +110.0 F ... Something?
Sable
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Sable »

No, I don't think this has anything to do with the ARG.

UNIX/Linux/OS X systems reset their time-date systems to about 1969 if given no other information (If you have a Mac, disconnect from the 'net and blow away your NVRAM during boot - your clock will set itself to March 17, 1969 I think). If you leave a system in that state for, say, a year, you get a time-date in the 1970s. This machine may either have no NTP server that it's querying, or doesn't directly connect to the Internet (uploading its webcam file to the Bungie web server proper), and no-one's ever reset its date after it fell out of its brain for some reason.

The Webcam information looks fine to me. The camera is either very bad or out of focus, "exposure 12500" is probably saying how many pictures have been taken out of that webcam, and the "internal temperature" is probably monitoring the air temperature inside the case that the computer with the webcam. Either that or it's in a rather poorly-ventilated (or over-populated) data closet, and is monitoring outside ambient air temperature - +110 degrees, yowch!