New Clue Found!!

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

KLind
Data [Authenticated]

Re: New Clue Found!!

Unread post by KLind »

ToyMachine228
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by ToyMachine228 »

I just called and heard the message for myself. What are these sites? They've got to be key to something. Also, the "Data behind a false menu" may be a hint to us.
Akumakei
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Akumakei »

Tried all permutations with prefix 107, didn't think any of the others could be sites, but I'm really not that good at web. Got nothing, but still looking.
tmanflys
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by tmanflys »

heres the enitre call MP3 (pasted together): http://www.mediafire.com/?01cdakutogj

Op (British Female): Welcome to the Strema Conferencing center. Please enter pin number followed by the

Caller: #### (131#?)

Op:Password accepted. Now accessing conference archive number 16180, participant 1-2.

Man 1: ...is necessary, and neither is the doc download.

Man 2: I agree. This isn't going to be a public resource. Uh, pass on the document number so I can delete it

Man 1: There's no way to tell yet, Jimmy's looking into the records to find out how many closed sites there are, but as for active clean up, somewhere around
3-4 thousand. Oh here it is. Uh, Hold on. 402-K-07-002 and in terms of numbers most of these are past the PPE stage.

Man 2: With a few exceptions: site 34. . . .

Man 2: Sites 4, 107, and 37. The center(?) usually goes in before we do, That's been my experience.

Man 1: By the time we have the site clean, they move on to more pressing needs. After all, we've had some extremely unpredictable seasons lately

Man 2: No need Their rep is available to us any time we need her

Man 1: On everything we still need to look into

Man 2: We're working on it. For the moment we're simply hiding the data behind a false menu item

Man 1: Security will be updated before the next system approaches

Man 2: Okay, great. Bye Bill

Man 1 (Bill?): Thanks
Last edited by tmanflys on Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Akumakei
Data [Conditional]

Spec: He refers to PPD, this might mean Personal Property Damage, since this is 'supposed to be' a real Flood control facility. But with talk about 3-4000 active sites, could this be locations that the Flood have been found?
ToyMachine228
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by ToyMachine228 »

So the sites that are mentioned in the calls in order are...

Site 34
Site 4
Site 107
Site 37

I did some research and I found that apparently Site 4 is actually a real thing and the Soviets did testing at what was known as "Site 4". I doubt that it plays into the ARG however.
tmanflys
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by tmanflys »

Akumakei wrote:Spec: He refers to PPD, this might mean Personal Property Damage, since this is 'supposed to be' a real Flood control facility. But with talk about 3-4000 active sites, could this be locations that the Flood have been found?
or is it PPE stage: Pre-Planning and Evaluation stage?
Akumakei
Data [Conditional]

I checked out Site 34 too, it's a house in Mass. Has a long history or something.
thebruce
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by thebruce »

re: new transcription

I'm 99% positive it's 3 people, and the "pauses" are where the 3rd person (I believe "Bill") is speaking, but wasn't recorded. It's likely that Bill is even doing the recording, which is why his own voice isn't recorded (he's recording the incoming audio from the other two men).
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

KLind's link isn't working. Anyone have a local MP3 version?