Look for the signs?

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Re: Look for the signs?

Unread post by Avateur »

HBO is going to lead this charge, even if we have massive help from the rest of the world. That's a bold statement on my part, but after watching Bungie.net and some other places, it looks like it's all HBO and members of HBO keeping the rest of the world up to date and informed. So yeah. HBO FTW!
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Sir Topham Hat »

No lie, we're the most on top of things at this point I believe.
Captain Milk
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Captain Milk »

Captain Milk wrote:Guys and girls. Let us think, where is this symbol most dominant. When everyone sees this symbol, think of somewhere they have seen it before. (other than the email). This might be a path, or a trail to the place needed to be found. Just a hint to point us in the right direction, not a direct link from the minor change.

Aswell, in reponse to the ealier post. I do reckon HBO will lead the charge...all we need is a horse.
Foman123
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Foman123 »

Captain Milk wrote:
Captain Milk wrote: Aswell, in reponse to the ealier post. I do reckon HBO will lead the charge...all we need is a horse.
It's not about who is leading the charge. We need to all work together. I recall several of my posts in CompoundIntelligence over on B.net from the last couple of days being cut-and-pasted here, but I am not talking about how we're in "first place."

Let's use some teamwork and avoid petty squabbles about which forum is better, or which forum is "in the lead," okay? I find the group format of CompoundIntelligence to be pretty easy to facilitate focused discussion, but I have no problem with sharing information with the entire Bungie Community in order to solve this puzzle. I urge the rest of you to do the same.

On topic -- after scouring the Halo3.com site, I have found no other glyphs to follow. There is, however, a smaller glyph on the thumbnail of the same picture of Master Chief when you click on the front page photo. The photo is not an active URL. Let's keep an eye on it, though, in addition to looking for the glyph elsewhere -- it may eventually be activated and lead us on to the Journey to War!
M3 Rokit
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by M3 Rokit »

Hrm. When following the image of MC to the smaller image this appears:

Infinity%. Does that mean anything to anyone? Or is that just a small loading screen of sorts. Credit goes to cidhighwind767 for the link.
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

That symbol is definitely different from the one in the email.
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by 50401 »

I've managed to get this clear a look at it so far - not great but the best I have at the moment.

It seems to be a new symbol as well. It isn't on this image [below], which is supposedly all the forerunner symbols we've seen to date.
Last edited by 50401 on Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
M3 Rokit
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by M3 Rokit »

Avateur wrote:That symbol on the structure appears to be different than the one in the email. A piece is missing.
I think the symbol on the front page of Halo3.com was only there to lure people, to then see the Infinity%. I do not believe it was intended that these two are identical.

My apologies for before, I had the wrong page open when I copied the link, thus posting the wrong image.
Captain Milk
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Captain Milk »

Foman123 wrote:
Captain Milk wrote:
Captain Milk wrote: Aswell, in reponse to the ealier post. I do reckon HBO will lead the charge...all we need is a horse.
It's not about who is leading the charge. We need to all work together. I recall several of my posts in CompoundIntelligence over on B.net from the last couple of days being cut-and-pasted here, but I am not talking about how we're in "first place."

Let's use some teamwork and avoid petty squabbles about which forum is better, or which forum is "in the lead," okay? I find the group format of CompoundIntelligence to be pretty easy to facilitate focused discussion, but I have no problem with sharing information with the entire Bungie Community in order to solve this puzzle. I urge the rest of you to do the same.

On topic -- after scouring the Halo3.com site, I have found no other glyphs to follow. There is, however, a smaller glyph on the thumbnail of the same picture of Master Chief when you click on the front page photo. The photo is not an active URL. Let's keep an eye on it, though, in addition to looking for the glyph elsewhere -- it may eventually be activated and lead us on to the Journey to War!
Well in all honesty, i think you might have misinterpreted my meaning of leading the charge and yours :P. Mine is one of the fact that we will probably discover the most as this forum does seem to be updated, and is solely dedicated to the idea of discovering this cause of AdjutantReflex. Second, i didnt mean as such to suggest we are better, sorry if i implied this (even though i fail to see where) but i did not mean such "profanities" as such against the rest of the halo community as we al know, we must pull together. But most people understand that HBO is the biggest collection of halo STORY lovers, as most would argue the bungie.net forums are full of multiplayer lovers and such things as ARG's are harder to follow there due to the pure volume of posts. Still, we should all be making headway together, but halo.bungie.org is a community and we are together. We need to bring people to us and get a good collection going, of course, if there is a forum with already a bigger fan base dedicated to this going on, then thats fine, we should venture to there aswell. We should help each other, but as this was the biggest dedicated one i knew of, i thought this one would probably make the most head way. We are just a figurehead to a ship, not the whole ship, everyone is needed.
Van Helsing
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Van Helsing »

I took the two symbols and crudely drew round them in Photoshop, for comparison:

Sorry for the quality on the small one, there's really not enough image data there or 'zoom-ability' to see fully what it is. This is my best 'educated guess' though,

Sounds like we're in for one crazy easter egg hunt,