Who thinks 7/7/07 will be a big event?

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

ODST Epsilon
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Who thinks 7/7/07 will be a big event?

Unread post by ODST Epsilon »

Dalthanas wrote:Well of course it's reasonable, in fact I said it's reasonable. Reward the few to entice the many. What I stated I didn't get was the outright bitterness. When you consider how many people are "playing" this ARG in varying degrees, that sort of bitter response, as permeated as it is throughout the past several topics, is kind of crazy. And a lot of the bitterness comes from it being 'them' who got them, and not 'us' when we don't even know who 'they' are.
I know for myself the bitterness (and I know I'm bitter) is that this whole thing is being made to appease the person who has no idea how to do anything other than click on a "Sign In" button for their Passport account. Maybe if they had actually bothered to make the codes hard to get (aside from the pre req of being able to move a mouse and type on a keyboard) I wouldn't be so bitter about it.
mike g
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by mike g »

maybe signing up at sota as a member would get you the swag?
on topic: im betting that anouther server will be available tommorow
not that ill be around to open it but oh well, theres 3 more after that
DiscipleN2k
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by DiscipleN2k »

I'm gonna have to agree with Epsilon (and what sounds like the majority of the board here). The major disappointment with the swag packs as well as the rest of the ARG seems to be that the rewards are based almost entirely on luck instead of skill.

Despite the fact that if it were based on puzzle solving skill I would have no chance (whereas being based on luck, I have little chance), I would have to say that would be a lot more fair and more in the spirit of an ARG to reward those who work the hardest to reach the next steps. However, we've pretty well already concluded that this is not an ARG, but simply a marketing campaign. It's pretty hard to stick to TINAG when your "mysterious" swag pack has a Microsoft return address on it. :oops:

-Disciple
Air Sparrow Hawk
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Air Sparrow Hawk »

DiscipleN2k wrote:I'm gonna have to agree with Epsilon (and what sounds like the majority of the board here). The major disappointment with the swag packs as well as the rest of the ARG seems to be that the rewards are based almost entirely on luck instead of skill.

Despite the fact that if it were based on puzzle solving skill I would have no chance (whereas being based on luck, I have little chance), I would have to say that would be a lot more fair and more in the spirit of an ARG to reward those who work the hardest to reach the next steps. However, we've pretty well already concluded that this is not an ARG, but simply a marketing campaign. It's pretty hard to stick to TINAG when your "mysterious" swag pack has a Microsoft return address on it. :oops:

-Disciple
Come on guys! Don't lose spirit over the swag! We can still win something, there are five servers and a whole summer break until this thing is over. It's not over already, it's just beginning! :)
DiscipleN2k
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by DiscipleN2k »

I'm definitely not fretting over the swag. I've got just about the worst luck on the planet and generally accept the fact that I've pretty well already lost any contest that uses random chance to determine the winner. Add to that the fact that my puzzle solving skills are nill and you can see that I've got no chance no matter how they decide who gets stuff. I'll be along for the ride just to get the back story no matter what happens through this thing :)

I'm just saying, it'd be more fair for you brains out there if they did hand these things out based on skill!

-Disciple
Air Sparrow Hawk
Data [Authenticated]

DiscipleN2k wrote:I'm definitely not fretting over the swag. I've got just about the worst luck on the planet and generally accept the fact that I've pretty well already lost any contest that uses random chance to determine the winner. Add to that the fact that my puzzle solving skills are nill and you can see that I've got no chance no matter how they decide who gets stuff. I'll be along for the ride just to get the back story no matter what happens through this thing :)

I'm just saying, it'd be more fair for you brains out there if they did hand these things out based on skill!

-Disciple
That's the spirit! We can't just throw away everything we have right now, so what if we don't get all the prizes? The extra knowledge is all I want personally and it's prize enough for me! :D
3zz
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by 3zz »

Allthough Ill be away during the Dutch daytime tomorrow Ill definately be pulling an all-nighter.
Cryptk5
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Cryptk5 »

I think the next server will open on 7/7/07 at 7:07 and 7 seconds (bungie time maybe?). But the question now is will it be am or pm? hmmmm...
failedparachute
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by failedparachute »

AM because it'd be 1900 otherwise so 7 AM it is.
Air Sparrow Hawk
Data [Authenticated]

failedparachute wrote:AM because it'd be 1900 otherwise so 7 AM it is.
That would be correct. I'll have to see what time it'll be over here when that happens.