unknown Glyphs on the plasma grenade skin UPDATE: more glyph

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

Air Sparrow Hawk
Data [Authenticated]

Re: unknown Glyphs on the plasma grenade skin UPDATE: more glyph

Unread post by Air Sparrow Hawk »

*raises hand* I'm a modder.

I haven't looked through any bitmaps on Halo 1 as I can't get them to work for some reason but I have seen a lot of the bitmaps for Halo 2.

Unfortunately it doesn't help, there are a few glyphs on some of the covenant weapons (plasma rifles, energy swords etc) but they are unlike any of the forerunner glyphs found so far. All of the forerunner glyphs found are circular-based but the ones on the covenant weapons are sort of box-shaped. I'd guess they are some native writings for the covenant or something.

Anyways, no help in Halo 2 but there may still be something in Halo 1. If another modder can check out those bitmaps that'd be great.

And I just thought of something, those writings kind of remind me of Stonehenge, it's connected to this game as it's mentioned on the SOTA website. Plus one of the glyphs is on the starmap image we got from the server. Could Stonehenge and the glyphs be connected somehow? I thought maybe the lighting around stonehenge might be something.
Phydaux
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Phydaux »

atenz wrote:its a well known fact (if youve read the books) that the covenant got all of there tech from the forerunner. so actually it would be more like forerunner weaponry, of course we ahvent seen anything thats actaully been classified AS forerunner weapons other then the halos...
... and the Sentinel beam. ;)
Air Sparrow Hawk
Data [Authenticated]

Phydaux wrote:
atenz wrote:its a well known fact (if youve read the books) that the covenant got all of there tech from the forerunner. so actually it would be more like forerunner weaponry, of course we ahvent seen anything thats actaully been classified AS forerunner weapons other then the halos...
... and the Sentinel beam. ;)
Yeah I but I still think the Covenant weapons have Covenant symbols on them.
XDest
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by XDest »

Well, I know the Energy Sword is 100% forerunner, and the Plasma Grenade may be too. While the other covenant weapons are modified forerunner tech. The Needler, Carbine, Plasma Pistol, and Plasma Rifle do not have glyphs.

These pictures PROVE the Energy Sword is 100% forerunner.

Image Mural from H2 LE DVD

Image Glyphs. Forerunner.

As you can see, there's the difference between that and the covenant weapons.

Image See, Covenant writing instead of Forerunner.
Air Sparrow Hawk
Data [Authenticated]

XDest wrote:Well, I know the Energy Sword is 100% forerunner, and the Plasma Grenade may be too. While the other covenant weapons are modified forerunner tech. The Needler, Carbine, Plasma Pistol, and Plasma Rifle do not have glyphs.

These pictures PROVE the Energy Sword is 100% forerunner.

Image Mural from H2 LE DVD

Image Glyphs. Forerunner.

As you can see, there's the difference between that and the covenant weapons.

Image See, Covenant writing instead of Forerunner.
If you ask me, I think that mural just retells part of the story of the Prophets and the Elites, the Elites chose to guard the Prophets in return the the Prophets would study the Forerunners. The energy sword is probably a gift that the Prophets endowed onto the Elites for their constant protection and support. This would also explain why the energy sword is so precious to Elites, especially high-ranking ones.

The mural just tells that story.

And about the weapons, the symbols look more-or-less the same to me. The thing about Forerunner symbols is that they are circular-based designs, these symbols aren't so I just dismiss them as Covenant enscriptions.

Although, some of the symbols on the sword do look somewhat suspicious.