New Glyph! [Update 7/5/07]

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

writer87
Data [Authenticated]

New Glyph! [Update 7/5/07]

Unread post by writer87 »

The Glyph HAS been confirmed. However, it does seem to be something that could be out in the future like the bestbuy ads.

It is placed in an odd position and is missing the center dot, but its worthy of discussion.

found at CI Forum You have to be a member to read

I will update this thread if in fact the glyph is CONFIRMED and we can get more than one confirmation. No way to tell if its fake or not.
Last edited by writer87 on Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kurk
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Possible New Glyph

Unread post by Kurk »

well unless i'm going blind and my eyes are playing tricks on me, that is definitely a glyph, props to who found it
SkorponokX
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by SkorponokX »

That is deffinately a completly new glyph that doesn't appear anywhere else in the ARG. It looks like the AR glyph but without the small circle in the very middle.

The question is when was this supposed to be put on display so the public could see it? If it is anything like the ads we aren't supposed to do anything with it to until it goes "public", unless we want to break the arg twice :) .
sharpsniper99
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by sharpsniper99 »

SkorponokX wrote:That is deffinately a completly new glyph that doesn't appear anywhere else in the ARG. It looks like the AR glyph but without the small circle in the very middle.

The question is when was this supposed to be put on display so the public could see it? If it is anything like the ads we aren't supposed to do anything with it to until it goes "public", unless we want to break the arg twice :) .
unless thats just decorative you may be right - i wonder what the lack of circle means

writer87 when is the display meant to go up?
Spartan 062
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Spartan 062 »

Hooray for confusing glyphs that are everywhere!

Well, doesn't the glyph always seem to mark something worth looking into? I studied the pictures of it, but the only thing that really pops out at me are the eyes on the top. I think they're Cortana's simply because they're in a blue part of the sky. Any thoughts?
SKR
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by SKR »

There may be clues in the little pamphlets on the display.
Sable
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Sable »

Well...this is certainly interesting.

I second the question as to when this display is supposed to be in the store. We've seen that artwork before though, haven't we? With the two eyes up in the sky. There wasn't a glyph on the original painting...at least, I don't think so. It's definitely there, though.
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

This seems like a pretty legit discovery, and maybe I'm just a skeptical cynic, but I have a problem with the glyph's location out of nowhere, and the fact that it's missing the center circle. It makes me question if this is a fake. I'm not calling anyone a liar, because the majority of myself is telling me that this is real, but until more people begin to verify (myself included, tomorrow), it just seems odd.

Of course, the circle being gone could mean that something was released. But yeah, without more confirmations, I'm not going to treat this like fact. I've done that too many times with other things and been burned.
atenz
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by atenz »

it actually does look like AR's glyph, but closed up if you look closely. and its circular again....is there a point to this? maybe were missing a clue in the glyphs.
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

I went to the EBGames in my city and asked my friends (managers, assistant managers, and keyholders) about the displays and ads and all of that, and they said they haven't received anything or even heard about getting any. I suppose my city may just be behind, but yeah. Only one person has noticed this in an entire country. It's odd. Maybe more will pop up later.
Last edited by Avateur on Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.