Ya kno what I think...?

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

Rainstorm1031
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Ya kno what I think...?

Unread post by Rainstorm1031 »

System Failure wrote::evil: Circle of Life :evil:
Yeah. We get it.

It's a nice idea, and you support it well. But it isnt' related to the ARG. 98% positive. It's a nice coincidence, nothing more. Probably.

Besides, if this is as important as you think it is, it should be in the "Speculation" forum in its own thread.
t0rm3n7
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by t0rm3n7 »

it kinda does have relevance...
The halos firing disrupted the circle of life!

we know about the shield worlds, but if the forerunners went there to survive the halo effect, why didn't they come back?
thats where the problem lies
offtopic spoiler/speculation from Ghosts of Onyx
[spoiler]maybe Dr. Halsey and them will find the forerunners in the onyx dimensional pocket...[/spoiler]
whiteness
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by whiteness »

my opinion... just as you work forward towards an unknown ending...... why not work in reverse, now to beginning, if the beginning holds the info we search for....

cause we want to know what started it all, right?
System Failure
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by System Failure »

The biggest OH SHIT! moment in history.

A-Dude! You just dropped the canister! :o
B-Its all right nothing will happen :roll: :|
(Canister pops and flood pour out)
A-Duuuude! He's eating me-
B-Ewwww looks nasty- :?
(Flood pour in)
B-That was fast! :shock:
A-Duuuuuuude, my eyes.
B- Oh SHIT!!!!! :| I guess i -blam-ed up :oops:
(Whole planet taken over, Mr B talkin to distraught people)
Peeps- Why is this happening, the flood were controlled.
B- I almost feel as if this were my fault. 8-)
3zz
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by 3zz »

System Failure wrote:
The biggest OH SHIT! moment in history.

A-Dude! You just dropped the canister! :o
B-Its all right nothing will happen :roll: :|
(Canister pops and flood pour out)
A-Duuuude! He's eating me-
B-Ewwww looks nasty- :?
(Flood pour in)
B-That was fast! :shock:
A-Duuuuuuude, my eyes.
B- Oh SHIT!!!!! :| I guess i -blam-ed up :oops:
(Whole planet taken over, Mr B talkin to distraught people)
Peeps- Why is this happening, the flood were controlled.
B- I almost feel as if this were my fault. 8-)
Could we try to stay on topic please, this is useless to everyone.

I think it might be too early to draw these conclusions, we only have one server, and therefore only one point in time, we can only begin assessing wether or not this ARG plays in chronological order after we recieve at least a second terminal, so we have two points in time to take into concideration.
System Failure
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by System Failure »

Could we try to stay on topic please, this is useless to everyone.
Relevance is conditional. I am merely expressing a way for the Flood to have been released. It is not unlikely that a mishap in a lab led to the flood out break, alluding to the fact that Forerunner created the Flood as a biological weapon or enhancement and it went out of control. I've already stated your point that we need more servers/information to draw conclusions. You post is the irrelevant one (ub3r SAT werds WOOT).
Tweek178
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Tweek178 »

Say what you want, but you know it was irrelevant to the discussion at hand. Funny? Sure. Relevant? Only as much as any other random spec, and all the less because it wasn't even trying to be serious.

Let's keep noise as low as possible while we wait out more signal.
Corbob
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Corbob »

DHalo wrote:I think MS might have screwed Iris up big time.

This may be the reason for the lull in the game. What our first unlocked server was actually supposed to open last?

What if MS gave us the big finale...upfront?

Remember, "This is my last entry," implies there are those before it. It could be referring to AR's posts, but the server wouldn't have been established just now. The transmission was, as he is talking directly to us, made and sent recently. The video is a message to anyone who might hear it. AR (I'm assuming AR is the one in the transmission) just gave us a key to get inside the server that was sealed away, waiting for someone to find it. So, in conclusion, that server may very well have not been 01, because it refers to past entries that would have been made thousands of years ago...Any thoughts?
Maybe we weren't supposed to be able to unlock that server with 100 people and the reward was intended for the end of the game.

However such a glaring error is not like Bungie or anyone that they hire to run the game.

The one thing that I'm upset about is that ILB was completely independent of Bungie. Remember when the only clue to the game was the quick flash of the web site? Now they're practically feeding us! Stop feeding us Bungie!
ODST Epsilon
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by ODST Epsilon »

Corbob wrote:
DHalo wrote:I think MS might have screwed Iris up big time.

This may be the reason for the lull in the game. What our first unlocked server was actually supposed to open last?

What if MS gave us the big finale...upfront?

Remember, "This is my last entry," implies there are those before it. It could be referring to AR's posts, but the server wouldn't have been established just now. The transmission was, as he is talking directly to us, made and sent recently. The video is a message to anyone who might hear it. AR (I'm assuming AR is the one in the transmission) just gave us a key to get inside the server that was sealed away, waiting for someone to find it. So, in conclusion, that server may very well have not been 01, because it refers to past entries that would have been made thousands of years ago...Any thoughts?
Maybe we weren't supposed to be able to unlock that server with 100 people and the reward was intended for the end of the game.

However such a glaring error is not like Bungie or anyone that they hire to run the game.

The one thing that I'm upset about is that ILB was completely independent of Bungie. Remember when the only clue to the game was the quick flash of the web site? Now they're practically feeding us! Stop feeding us Bungie!
Microsoft is running this one, not Bungie.
Corbob
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Corbob »

ODST Epsilon wrote:Microsoft is running this one, not Bungie.
I said Bungie employs whoever runs the ARG. I guess we're both half right since Microsoft pays the group to run the ARG.

So far this isn't the Reality part of the game. I think if they did mess up the servers that a week or so would be a good time frame to make more story line or make the original story line fit.