General ARG Discussion

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

bedlam
Data [Conditional]

Re: AR is back

Unread post by bedlam »

Oshovah wrote:
shamanistcrage wrote:this is only mt assumption, but this is spoken after life comes back to the universe after the halos fire. someone in charge of bringing everything back after destroying all.

just how it seems to me.
Yeah, that sounds like a good theory, except why would the message just be posted now? But that brings up the topic of how any of these messages should be seen in our time, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Also, is this AdjutantReflex talking, or the entity that took it over? This is all pretty confusing. Perhaps I should read some Speculation posts.
digital age. you have to reach it before these messages can be posted from an external source that can't reach earth? what's the next revolution? is it space travel?
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

There is a full moon out tonight.

From the Forerunner email:
The gears of the Universe spin further
So, there's another capitalized U in Universe.
Scelus
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Scelus »

I'm inclined to believe that the pulse is emanating from a machine, as it's "Skin [is] too thick to be sure".

*lightbulb*

I just thought along the lines of the speaker being an AI. Perhaps it is the thing that took over AR. What if it was going through everything it took over, and found some part of AR secreted away. Hence, a pulse beating at the heart of the Universe (The Universe possibly being AR's matrices). The thick skin could be referring to a strong barrier, protecting those remnants. He's now wondering what to do about this "life".
Chainz
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Chainz »

:ugeek: (( Looking possibly in to a dead end.))

Upon briefly looking over the Odyssey Magazine Astronomy archive. I noticed that the begging talked about Commits and that brought me to this image posted by Scottish Weebl

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/ ... er5/14.jpg

Than it talks about Saturn and Venus and there are some interesting pitchers of the sky.

I'm not going to say that this is a 100% lead on anything, on that same note I still think its something to look into.
Chainz
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Chainz »

Scelus wrote:I'm inclined to believe that the pulse is emanating from a machine, as it's "Skin [is] too thick to be sure".

*lightbulb*

I just thought along the lines of the speaker being an AI. Perhaps it is the thing that took over AR. What if it was going through everything it took over, and found some part of AR secreted away. Hence, a pulse beating at the heart of the Universe (The Universe possibly being AR's matrices). The thick skin could be referring to a strong barrier, protecting those remnants. He's now wondering what to do about this "life".
Onyx!!!
Onyx is the shell world that is believed to have been the safe haven for the Forerunners.
Maybe they are the ones that are to have put life back the way it was- And maybe Onyx was more than a Forerunner shelter- maybe it was a Noah's ark so to say, for samples all if in the Universe.
reaperdude42
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by reaperdude42 »

IMnotGarbage wrote:AR just posted a couple of hours ago on bungie.net

Can you feel it?
Beating at the heart of the Universe.
Skin too thick to be sure.
It's alive though.
I'm certain.
What do I do with life?

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=11524237
This sounds to me like AR (or whoever took over AR) is pondering whether or not to press the big red button and fire the halos. It just feels like some one considering life in the universe and if he/she/it should wipe it out or not... although i do conceed that the halos are only designed to provide an etcha-sketch ending to our galaxy and not the entire universe.

Does anyone else think that this is not AR returned but the entity that took over?
Facultas Tempestas
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Facultas Tempestas »

Just thought I'd try this.

Can you feel it?
What do I do with life?
Beating at the heart of the Universe.
I'm certain.
Skin too thick to be sure.
It's alive though.
It's alive though.
Beating at the heart of the universe.
I'm certain.
Can you feel it?
What do I do with life?

Nothing to start a new post about, but kinda interesting.
Menelven
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Menelven »

Universe is capatilised as it's a proper noun, the same way you capatilise Earth etc.
Scelus
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Scelus »

In support of my previous assumption, I take this quote from AR, prior to being taken over: "I will seek one of you out and leave my legacy in a small space." It sought out a particular person in PMs on bungie, and perhaps this is the small space where he left his legacy.
bedlam
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by bedlam »

Scelus wrote:In support of my previous assumption, I take this quote from AR, prior to being taken over: "I will seek one of you out and leave my legacy in a small space." It sought out a particular person in PMs on bungie, and perhaps this is the small space where he left his legacy.
I still think it's possible that AR could seek one of us out in the game. All of us. One. The MC. Or his AI, and their small space they share. Even small changes can make a big difference. Go Green. That was the HD Discovery channel talking as I write this. The MC is green, so maybe it should go green?

This episode was on earlier.. Planet Earth: Jungles

Flood?
These attacks do have a possitive effect on the jungles diversity. Since parasites like these stop any one group of animal from getting the upper hand.
Last edited by bedlam on Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.