Q: Does slipspace protect you from the Halo pulses?

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

glyph
Data [Conditional]

Q: Does slipspace protect you from the Halo pulses?

Unread post by glyph »

Note: I started this thread at b.net, also, but I want to see what you guys have to say, also. It tends to be a little more intelligent and less pulling-out-of-your-ass here.

I haven't seen anything regarding the idea that biomass aboard ships in slipspace at the time of exposure to the pulse from the Halo constructs would survive. It seems that since slipspace is outside of normal space/time that biomass aboard these ships would not be destroyed by the pulse.

Further, the Dyson Sphere is supposed to be in slipspace (reference) and this is presumed to be a shield/"safe zone" from the halo pulse.

If this has been discussed somewhere, please point it out to me.
Reference:
Slipspace wiki

Please read the reference material, it's quite short, before you post.
Discuss!
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Re: Q: Does slipspace protect you from the Halo pulses?

Unread post by Avateur »

I believe this came up at the Halo Story Page somewhere, and I don't believe it's known as to whether the Halos can affect slipspace or not. I think it's assumed that they can due to the fact that it requires a Dyson Sphere to be shielded from the Halos and their effects.
endejas
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Q: Does slipspace protect you from the Halo pulses?

Unread post by endejas »

The Dyson Sphere from Ghosts of Onyx is protected because of its state of flux with slipspace. At least, I think so. There's be no way to contain a star, and a sphere in the interior of such a planet without some manipulation of time-space.

So I'd say yes, given the circumstances, but who knows how long the effects of the Halo pulse last. Probably couldn't hold a slip-space travel that long.