[INFO] Source of new images

Discussion of the out-of-game, real-world aspects of the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

edifyyo
Data [Undefined]

[INFO] Source of new images

Unread post by edifyyo »

Both of the graphics provided to us by Server 1 contain much Adobe Photoshop data, and Slide_Ref070107.jpg (a date in the filename?) contains the following information about the source image (I have removed the XML tags from the data for brevity):
SEM of Streptococcus pyrogens bacteria,causes sore throat x2,000
S. Lowry/univ Ulster
BC3779-001
(c) S. Lowry/univ Ulster
http://www.gettyimages.com
A quick Google search finds: http://www.gettyimages.cn/index/showmid ... 89419.html
which is either a different photo by the same author OR a detail of the source photo used for the ARG.

Frankly, I'm very disappointed by the quality of this ARG - they're not even trying to help us suspend disbelief, and wow was that audio file BADLY written and BADLY acted.
Spartan 062
Data [Conditional]

Re: [INFO] Source of new images

Unread post by Spartan 062 »

But how do you know that this has nothing to do with the ARG?

I'd like to think that Bungie would put more effort into it than that, so, although it might be a stretch, keep in mind that that could be an important clue. Bungie knows how ridiculously obsessed its fanbase can be, so I doubt that they would make this kind of slip-up.
everluck
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by everluck »

Spartan 062 wrote:But how do you know that this has nothing to do with the ARG?

I'd like to think that Bungie would put more effort into it than that, so, although it might be a stretch, keep in mind that that could be an important clue. Bungie knows how ridiculously obsessed its fanbase can be, so I doubt that they would make this kind of slip-up.
It's probably Microsoft Games PR doing this, not Bungie themselves. Last I heard it was Microsoft who ran the halo3 website, not Bungie.
Frogwart
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Frogwart »

This discussion belongs in the META section.

Moving there now...
AI23
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by AI23 »

What ever is on that slid is not strep bacteria. So that name could possible be an error by the puppet masters...or a clue indicating mutation. It's hard to tell this early.