A CALL TO EVERYBODY

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

monctezuma
Data [Authenticated]

Re: A CALL TO EVERYBODY

Unread post by monctezuma »

This could make some sense.

But I remember reading that once there was only 1 ennemy and today there's 2.
Can't remember where I read that...

Then if there was originally only 1 threat : humans, forerunner might have created the flood to extinct them and kept some flood aside in case of. Maybe the flood project went out of hand and that's why they had to activate the Halos.

Note that I said that humans were the threat because the forerunner's AI is the voice of the forerunner. So if he metions a threat, it can't be his creators. And the second threat now might be the covenant.
Darkendes
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Darkendes »

monctezuma wrote:This could make some sense.

Then if there was originally only 1 threat : humans, forerunner might have created the flood to extinct them and kept some flood aside in case of. Maybe the flood project went out of hand and that's why they had to activate the Halos.

Note that I said that humans were the threat because the forerunner's AI is the voice of the forerunner. So if he metions a threat, it can't be his creators. And the second threat now might be the covenant.
AR said this in one of the server files or the voice transmission (can't remember), but what it seemed to mean to me was 'last time there was only the flood, now there's also the Covenant.'

You have to remember, the Covenant doesn't want to try to use rational measures to control the Flood outbreak. They probably don't even care. They're just concerned about their Great Journey, which would just happen to wipe the galaxy clean of all infectable life. The Forerunners wouldn't want that to happen unless it was an absolute last resort (at least that's what I got from the video message/array data log).

If the Forerunners wanted to get rid of us humans, it could've been a job well done when firing the halos. We were preserved (enhanced maybe?) on purpose. I don't think the Forerunners' giant machines would take too kindly to our buddy N'chala (comic) if he was considered an enemy.

Besides, humans are needed to interact with the index.

To be honest, I think we humans, as we are today, are one of two things:
a) a Forerunner experiment (including them taking the current "human" species around back then, and altering it as they saw fit for whatever future purpose)
b) decendants of the Forerunner (which would make sense of AR's line about our enemies)

But I really don't know anymore. The comic at halo3.com has me very, very confused about how I thought of our relationship with the Forerunners. I was a believer of mrbanana's "last theory". (I got the link from another thread here, but here it is again. http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/hal ... ead=791609) But after the comic, there had to be more to it than a simple reseeding.

Maybe it was just a slightly more complex "pre-seeding"? I'll let that idea simmer in my head a while. Maybe something will come to me later. I'm too tired to think now. ;)
serpx
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by serpx »

What you heard was this. This is apparently a transmission built from the Forerunner, left over for "someone" -- perhaps, the humans. When he/they say "For 2 enemies stand where before there was only one," I believe the forerunner mean that there are now two enemies of the flood standing (Human and Covenant), rather than one (the forerunner themselves).

How do they know this, however? The forerunner must be alive somewhere, and watching.
Plasmoe
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Plasmoe »

monctezuma wrote:
Don't you think something big should happen the 7th of july ? 07/07/07 ? Knowing bungie, they must be worshipping this upcoming date.
Exactly!! I thought I was the only one. I even marked my calender.

I would have expected Halo Uprising to be released on that date, but it seems unlikely.
I think that day will either be the end or the climax of this ARG. For example all the rest of the servers will be unlocked & everyone that participated will get $7 off the legendary edition of Halo 3.
Mikezoom
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Mikezoom »

Plasmoe wrote:
monctezuma wrote:
Don't you think something big should happen the 7th of july ? 07/07/07 ? Knowing bungie, they must be worshipping this upcoming date.

I would have expected Halo Uprising to be released on that date, but it seems unlikely.
I think that day will either be the end or the climax of this ARG. For example all the rest of the servers will be unlocked & everyone that participated will get $7 off the legendary edition of Halo 3.
HAHAHAHAHA..........nice. :D

Mike.

PS: Im sure something will happen on the 07/07/07 but not sure if it will have anything to do with the ARG. Bungie might throw a party or something similar and have a special "something" for all to enjoy but I doubt it will have any relation to this. Although I've been wrong before.
glyph
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by glyph »

Plasmoe wrote:
monctezuma wrote:

I don't think that will be the end, because the SOTA membership form said that new members would be evaluated on the first day of the new lunar cycle, which is 12 July.

Where did you get the idea that something would happen that day? Just because it's all 7s? It's possible. Something should happen 070107 (slide ref name) and 070507 (ref# in slide_ref image)

Thanks for that link, though. I was contemplating playing both games again (especially since I got shadowrun free with h2 vista)
Crunchman
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Crunchman »

Darkendes wrote:

AR said this in one of the server files or the voice transmission (can't remember), but what it seemed to mean to me was 'last time there was only the flood, now there's also the Covenant.'

You have to remember, the Covenant doesn't want to try to use rational measures to control the Flood outbreak. They probably don't even care. They're just concerned about their Great Journey, which would just happen to wipe the galaxy clean of all infectable life. The Forerunners wouldn't want that to happen unless it was an absolute last resort (at least that's what I got from the video message/array data log).

If the Forerunners wanted to get rid of us humans, it could've been a job well done when firing the halos. We were preserved (enhanced maybe?) on purpose. I don't think the Forerunners' giant machines would take too kindly to our buddy N'chala (comic) if he was considered an enemy.

Besides, humans are needed to interact with the index.

To be honest, I think we humans, as we are today, are one of two things:
a) a Forerunner experiment (including them taking the current "human" species around back then, and altering it as they saw fit for whatever future purpose)
b) decendants of the Forerunner (which would make sense of AR's line about our enemies)

But I really don't know anymore. The comic at halo3.com has me very, very confused about how I thought of our relationship with the Forerunners. I was a believer of mrbanana's "last theory". (I got the link from another thread here, but here it is again. http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/hal ... ead=791609) But after the comic, there had to be more to it than a simple reseeding.

Maybe it was just a slightly more complex "pre-seeding"? I'll let that idea simmer in my head a while. Maybe something will come to me later. I'm too tired to think now. ;)
I completely agree with the first statement on the "two enemies".
Looking at a few recent findings, wouldn't it make sense if Humans are the Forerunner race? 383GS said that he was glad that some of the race survived an reproduced. That could mean the humans, as 383GS is finally encountering them again. Of course they were essentially "reset", losing all knowledge of the technologies and hoopla.
Pak
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Pak »

Crunchman wrote: I completely agree with the first statement on the "two enemies".
Looking at a few recent findings, wouldn't it make sense if Humans are the Forerunner race? 383GS said that he was glad that some of the race survived an reproduced. That could mean the humans, as 383GS is finally encountering them again. Of course they were essentially "reset", losing all knowledge of the technologies and hoopla.
The comic is strong evidence that humans are not forerunner. N'Chala refers to the forerunner constructs as "new gods" and N'Chala seems to pre-date the forerunner arrival on earth and the ark. The comic and SOTA suggest humanity existed before forerunner contact, humanity was shielded within the ark, and humanity remigrated across the globe following the firing of the Halos, 100,000 years ago. Also, if SOTA is to be believed, the forerunner or their technology somehow came into contact with humanity several times throughout history.
TheJoseph
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by TheJoseph »

Keep in mind that we store samples of the world's deadliest diseases under lock and key at the Center for Disease Control (in real life!) even after we've eradicated them from the outside world. The Forerunners' saving of the flood on installation 04 seems like exactly that. They posted big warning glyphs all over which probably meant "DANGER," and likely meant to be around to protect the installation after the Halos fired. It could also be that genocide seemed MORALLY unacceptable to them. Regardless, they weren't there to guard their lab samples, and the Covenant released the Flood. They did the same thing on installation 05 too, if I recall.

Also, 343 Guilty Spark's grammar is impeccable, so when he mentioned Flood in one sentence and "their" survival and reproduction in the next, I believe he was referring to the antecedent "Flood." If he wanted to discuss another topic, he would have introduced it properly. And it's not like he ever tried to keep a secret - he thought Master Chief knew exactly what he was doing "every step of the way." He was offended when Cortana assumed he was being deceptive. The comment on class 2 armor could simply be related to the way we rate body armor. "Huh, haven't seen that design before, but it'll stop a .45 round and not a high velocity rifle round? That's class 2." Making up the numbers there, but you get the drill.

This leads me to the conclusion that the monitors know very little about humans - and why should they? They're programmed for the express purpose of monitoring the installations. Why would the Forerunners imbue them with knowledge of biology, even IF Forerunners=humans. Certainly, 343 Guilty Spark was fascinated to learn about human history from the Pillar of Autumn, and seemed to know nothing about humans before (Human history you call it? Fascinating!"). (Keep in mind that 343 Guilty Spark ESCAPES the destruction of Halo 04 with all that knowledge.) Possibly, from the monitors' contact with the Flood, they just assume humans have a hive mind as well.
DHalo
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by DHalo »

In addition to that, it seems that the index is always in the center of the containment area. The purpose for that would be for the Index's protection, ironically.

For example, the only reason to retrieve the index is either:

A.) There already has been an outbreak, and opening the "Quarantine Zone" to get to the index would not be consequential.

or

B.) An outbreak is inevitable, and getting to the index is required.

However, the Covenant, being blind, cause an outbreak when it could be avoided (under more informed circumstances) and attempt to retrieve the index, which would in theory fix the problem they caused, but we wouldn't really wanna go down that path, now would we...