View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:18 am



Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 perhaps we are looking for the wrong things 
Author Message
Data [Conditional]

Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:23 am
Posts: 20
Unread post perhaps we are looking for the wrong things
Ok, after reviewing the manuscript of the server 5 video, the Array_Recorder_Data, amoung other transcripts of dialouge n such this is what i have to say about things so far.
hopefully I can write this so I dont make a fool of myself.

Anyways.

1.
I have been reading these for the past couple hours, and have come up with some thoughts that may guide us in a different direction
We are trying to figure out, WHO AR is. My guess is he was NOT a monitor of a halo installation.
after reviewing some facts we already know about 343GS, previous halo firings, etc.

We know that 343GS was present at the time the halo was fired first, we know this because in Halo one he says, "Last time you asked me, would I do it?"
And therefore the halo's werent fired the first time from the Ark, they were fired from Installation 04.

So if the text in "Array_Record_Date" is dialouge, we can only assume that either all, or some of it, is from 343GS.

After reviewing the "Array_Recorder_Data", to me the line "I feel no peril" is definitley 343's.
AR also said in one of his posts, "Peril is near" It just seems like a computer's way to speak. technical.

2.
Now. When AR was first asked what his purpose was, he replied
"The Array Requirments"
when asked what the requirments were, he replied
"They Are In Flux"

a wiktionary defenition of flux:
Flux- n.
1.A state of ongoing change

when asked:
- "Whats the worst that can happen? Hitting the galactic reset button?"
Ar replied:
"That event has already transpired. Threats to array integrity will be taken seriously."

Meaning, AR was speaking to us at a time after the halo's were fired.
at the end of "Array_Recorder_Data" the array requirments were reseting.
If AR's resposibility was the array requirements, AND the array requirements were in flux, would one assume that AR was attempting to change the array requirements. meaning sabatoge, save, influence, etc, the firing of the halo's in the future?
What were his intentions for changing the array requirements.

AR is perhaps an AI construct, (belonging to an unknown person) who was sent to change the array requirements.
But one of his missions was to send us information. Archives of the firing events, transcripts, the video, the images, were supposed to reach us.

AR also stated:
"I cannot control the dissemination of information. It is chaotic. I am not perfectly integrated here."

Meaning that when we recieved this information that he was sending us, it would not be in order.
maybe we are recieving things out of order?
Perhaps this explains why halo3.com says Server1 is open, but on site we are looking at Server5


Another thing is when AR was being assimilated in his last forum post.
when being comprimised he sated:
"He's here. With us. I am already defeated."
Meaning Earth. what Construct on earth would be strong enough to overtake AR.
perhaps the ARK, or a construct within the ark.
Ar also said:
"What has he learned in Eon’s slumber?"
"He is not who you think he is."

perhaps what we think is in the ARK. may be just that. something opposite. something horrible. something that will destory us rather than save us.


This is just what i have been throwing around in my head the past few hours, and whether it is relevant or not i cant say for certain. perhaps my points have already been braughten up, but if they havent, perhaps it will change the way/direction we are guiding our reserch of the Video/Photos/Dialouge.

Thoughts? Comments? Am I Retarted.


Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:21 am
Profile
Data [Conditional]

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:17 am
Posts: 21
Unread post Re: perhaps we are looking for the wrong things
nismo634 wrote:
If AR's resposibility was the array requirements, AND the array requirements were in flux, would one assume that AR was attempting to change the array requirements. meaning sabotage, save, influence, etc, the firing of the halo's in the future?
What were his intentions for changing the array requirements.


I disagree. By 'Array' I believe AR to be referring to the Halo Array. AR stated he was the facilitator of the array. If the array requirements had changed, or were changing I believe his purpose would be to change the Array requirements BACK to the default setting, not to something else. Manipulation in short.

nismo634 wrote:
We know that 343GS was present at the time the halo was fired first, we know this because in Halo one he says, "Last time you asked me, would I do it?"
And therefore the halo's weren't fired the first time from the Ark, they were fired from Installation 04.


Yes, I agree he was around, but that doesn't mean that the entire array was activated from Alpha Halo.Thus far (at least to what I know) the entire system can not be activated from a single location. To fire all the Halo's I believe you would have to be at the Ark.
That being said, 343GS might have been present when the ark went off. Just think 'bout it for a moment. 343GS oversaw the construction of the Mining facility, and parts of Alpha Halo. Seeing how he knows the location of the ark, he no doubt has the schematics of the place, either from resources, or from experience. Don't you think?

Just my input. I completely agree we may be looking in the wrong place. =)

Feel free to smash to bits. =)
Regards,
KMS


Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:45 am
Profile
Data [Authenticated]

Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:26 pm
Posts: 54
Unread post Re: perhaps we are looking for the wrong things
KMS wrote:
nismo634 wrote:
If AR's resposibility was the array requirements, AND the array requirements were in flux, would one assume that AR was attempting to change the array requirements. meaning sabotage, save, influence, etc, the firing of the halo's in the future?
What were his intentions for changing the array requirements.


I disagree. By 'Array' I believe AR to be referring to the Halo Array. AR stated he was the facilitator of the array. If the array requirements had changed, or were changing I believe his purpose would be to change the Array requirements BACK to the default setting, not to something else. Manipulation in short.

nismo634 wrote:
We know that 343GS was present at the time the halo was fired first, we know this because in Halo one he says, "Last time you asked me, would I do it?"
And therefore the halo's weren't fired the first time from the Ark, they were fired from Installation 04.


Yes, I agree he was around, but that doesn't mean that the entire array was activated from Alpha Halo.Thus far (at least to what I know) the entire system can not be activated from a single location. To fire all the Halo's I believe you would have to be at the Ark.
That being said, 343GS might have been present when the ark went off. Just think 'bout it for a moment. 343GS oversaw the construction of the Mining facility, and parts of Alpha Halo. Seeing how he knows the location of the ark, he no doubt has the schematics of the place, either from resources, or from experience. Don't you think?

Just my input. I completely agree we may be looking in the wrong place. =)

Feel free to smash to bits. =)
Regards,
KMS



Why not? If one Halo is fired, they all are tripped. Otherwise, it would make no sense being able to activate the Halos from their individual control rooms. They would clear out their coverage zone, but just that. It's like giving the shortstop a proper glove, and the rest of the infield gets those giant foam fingers. The defense is only effective if the ball is hit to the shortstop' otherwise, the batter will get on base every time.


Last edited by bovine politics on Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.



Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:46 am
Profile
Data [Authenticated]

Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:23 pm
Posts: 221
Unread post Re: perhaps we are looking for the wrong things
Things could be out of order, that's why Server 1 is Server 5.


Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:51 am
Profile
Data [Conditional]

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:17 am
Posts: 21
Unread post Re: perhaps we are looking for the wrong things
bovine politics wrote:
Why not? If one Halo is fired, they all are tripped. Otherwise, it would make no sense being able to activate the Halos from their individual control rooms. They would clear out there coverage zone, but just that. It's like giving the shortstop a proper glove, and the rest of the infield foam fingers. The defense is only effective if the ball is hit to the shortstop' otherwise, the batter will get on base every time.


Point well placed.
It just seems odd. Presuming the flood were not tampered with. Say for instance a race gained control of one Halo. That is a MASSIVE advantage. You could literally hold the entire galaxy hostage. I don't know, it seems there would be a built in fail safe to ensure that kind of action would NOT occur. You're point is well placed, but with the forerunners not around, who is there to ensure that the Halo System is not abused? The monitors? Sentinels? Come on, the arbiter with his crappy shield system took care of them easily.

I would presume, if one Halo were fired, or even activated, the entire system would be moved to Stand-by. Whether what happened in Delta Halo was a fail safe to notify the other systems to be on stand-by, or the result of inserting the index caused the entire system to move to stand-by, we don't know, but, while Delta Halo didn't fire, the index was inserted. That alone could have triggered the entire system, but, that is something we will never know because Delta Halo never fully fired.

Regards,
KMS


Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:00 am
Profile
Data [Conditional]

Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:23 am
Posts: 20
Unread post Re: perhaps we are looking for the wrong things
ok. good point.

but then what about AR being comprimised by something that was already HERE?
good points., the main reason i put this post up was to maybe steer us in a more vreative direction that ill lead to more clues/ plot developments

continue


Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:03 am
Profile
Data [Conditional]

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:17 am
Posts: 21
Unread post Re: perhaps we are looking for the wrong things
nismo634 wrote:
ok. good point.

but then what about AR being compromised by something that was already HERE?
good points., the main reason i put this post up was to maybe steer us in a more vreative direction that ill lead to more clues/ plot developments

continue


I'm just poking holes in your theory. =) As for AR being compromised, I can not say. The only thing I can think of is a rampant AI.

And you have a good point, I imagine there is a lot we are missing, or have not yet gone deeper into.

Regards,
KMS


Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:10 am
Profile
Data [Authenticated]

Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:26 pm
Posts: 54
Unread post Re: perhaps we are looking for the wrong things
KMS wrote:
bovine politics wrote:
Why not? If one Halo is fired, they all are tripped. Otherwise, it would make no sense being able to activate the Halos from their individual control rooms. They would clear out there coverage zone, but just that. It's like giving the shortstop a proper glove, and the rest of the infield foam fingers. The defense is only effective if the ball is hit to the shortstop' otherwise, the batter will get on base every time.


Point well placed.
It just seems odd. Presuming the flood were not tampered with. Say for instance a race gained control of one Halo. That is a MASSIVE advantage. You could literally hold the entire galaxy hostage. I don't know, it seems there would be a built in fail safe to ensure that kind of action would NOT occur. You're point is well placed, but with the forerunners not around, who is there to ensure that the Halo System is not abused? The monitors? Sentinels? Come on, the arbiter with his crappy shield system took care of them easily.

Regards,
KMS

EDIT:~NM the paragraph that was here. Misread your post~

The Monitors want to activate the rings. They have probably deduced, based on the analysis of their master's combat against the Flood, that there is no way to stop them besides activating the rings, and will attempt to do so the instant the Flood escape.

There is undoubtedly a failsafe where the installations cannot fire if the Flood are free. If the Flood are contained and all is well, than the Index is locked down and impossible to get to. Only when the Flood escape do the Monitors allow the Index to be removed.


Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:11 am
Profile
Data [Conditional]

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:17 am
Posts: 21
Unread post Re: perhaps we are looking for the wrong things
bovine politics wrote:
Why would the Flood do that? It makes no sense. If they had the ability to take over a ring, they would try to get off of it. Trying to hold the Forerunners hostage using their ring would come to no end. What would they do, give them a ship and doom the entire race? They'd let the Flood fire the installation before doing that.

The Monitors want to activate the rings. They have probably deduced, based on the analysis of their master's combat against the Flood, that there is no way to stop them besides activating the rings, and will attempt to do so the instant the Flood escape.

There is undoubtedly a failsafe where the installations cannot fire if the Flood are free. If the Flood are contained and all is well, than the Index is locked down and impossible to get to. Only when the Flood escape do the Monitors allow the Index to be removed.



No no, I meant, 'Say for instance the Covenant found the rings, WITHOUT awakening the flood. Meerly by having it they could hold it hostage. Whether they could truly activate it was a different thing. True, they could probably force their way into the Library, like they did in Delta Halo, and with luck, they could probably just take a reclaim with them and force them to take the index, and activate it.
Not referring to the flood.

EDIT:
Delta Halo, the Arbiter forced his way to the index, I imagine all you need is a reclaimer to grab it, and a reclaim to activate it. Delta Halo didn't seem that locked down, in my opinion, in terms of getting TO the index.
And in Delta Halo, the flood was all around you, Flood tentacles around the index, yet Miranda still grabbed it.

Regards,
KMS


Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:14 am
Profile
Data [Conditional]

Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:23 am
Posts: 20
Unread post Re: perhaps we are looking for the wrong things
good points...but i think we are getting off topic.

my point was that AR was sending this to us either from another place at our current time. Or from the past?
either way, what was/is he trying to accomplish by sending us this information, and why do we need it.
instead of trying to find out what the information is hes sending us, we should be translating it for many difernet scenarios.

He fullfilled his mission to prevent/envoke something from happening.
if thats the case, he was stopped by another construct. So if constructs are now fighting eachother, what information is there that could possibly define that. There are things that AR wanted us to know. He wasnt just sending us information about halo array's n such.


Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:29 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.