Server Video Discussion

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

sharpsniper99
Facilitator [Conditional]

Re: Basis

Unread post by sharpsniper99 »

a few frames later is the keyframe of a globe, perhaps that planet was artificially created by the forerunners, i thaught the planet it question was earth though, good find with the moon!
NateTheNewt
Data [Authenticated]

Re: The other pictures in the Server 1(5) Video

Unread post by NateTheNewt »

wow... that deffinetly looked like something was going on there, can you slow that down to 1/2 and 1/4 speed and upload them so everyone can check them out?
a lovely pony
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by a lovely pony »

mike3854 wrote:Last night i combined all the static into one video and put it up on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcXdtmJT0nQ

if you'd like the avi so you can slow it down and look at it, leave a message in this thread.
Freaky. Good thinking to combine them like that.
sharpsniper99
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by sharpsniper99 »

ive got 3 to add that seem to have been missed:

im sure these 2 qith text where found but the 3 im adding last less than a frame - so getting em was hard!

the one with the halo ring looks like it was taken directly from a cutscene
Attachments
interestingscreencaps_0003.jpg
interestingscreencaps_0003.jpg (10.6 KiB) Viewed 6427 times
interestingscreencaps_0002.jpg
interestingscreencaps_0002.jpg (16.13 KiB) Viewed 6423 times
interestingscreencaps_0001.jpg
interestingscreencaps_0001.jpg (15.91 KiB) Viewed 6515 times
Rainstorm1031
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Rainstorm1031 »

mike3854 wrote:Last night i combined all the static into one video and put it up on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcXdtmJT0nQ

if you'd like the avi so you can slow it down and look at it, leave a message in this thread.

I see an image that looks like a face in there...
mike3854
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by mike3854 »

That first image is from the end of halo 2
[spoiler]Near the end of the game, Installation 05 is stopped from firing but it sends a burst transmission to all of the other installations that puts them into standby mode for firing from the ark.[/spoiler]
ZuP
Data [Conditional]

On the large spherical object seen in the video.

Unread post by ZuP »

That one.

Ideas that I could think of, and what I've seen:
  • Earth.
  • "That could be a picture of the ark itself for all we know. In the trailer we only see a tip of a spherical object. What the Covenant uncovered could just be the tip of the iceberg." -Calm Killer
  • A Dyson Sphere.
And then I thought, what if, just what if the Ark is there to transport whoever steps into it to a Dyson Sphere, the image above. And maybe, just maybe, that's the same Dyson Sphere at the end of GoO. And maybe that new home is the safe haven from the triggering of the Halos and the infestation of the Flood.

What makes me believe beyond a reasonable doubt that it is, at least, a Dyson Sphere is that it's in rectangular sections. Now, I'm no engineer, but I say that something as huge as a Dyson Sphere can't be made overnight and all in one piece, no matter how far your technological advances are. So, it would need to be built in pieces, just like the image.

Or I'm looking too deep into it and it's a splice up of an orange.

Thoughts?
yakaman
Data [Conditional]

Re: Basis

Unread post by yakaman »

@ Hardware Heretic...

343GS said something more along the lines of "...last time, you asked me if I would make the same choice that you made..." or at least, that was my take on it. That always made me feel that the one who fired the rings asked 343GS that question, not that 343GS set the rings off. Remember, he doesn't have the rank to do fire the rings himself.

It's hard to tell if the images from the video are included because they are significant to a specific installation, or if they were included because they are familiar to us (we've seen them in games, and thus have some point of reference). Why would 343GS be more significant than any other monitor?

343GS might be significant, or he might not. Basis might be shown because it was where the first installation was built to study and contain the flood (not the Halo, but the mining facility). Or, Basis might have been shown because we've seen it in game, and know its near a Halo.

I'm not convinced that 343GS is any more significant than any other monitor. I don't think he's been active in this ARG either. Of course, I've been wrong too many times to count. ;)
FrenzyTheKillbot
Data [Conditional]

Re: On the large spherical object seen in the video.

Unread post by FrenzyTheKillbot »

I'm too lazy to go back and look at the video, but does the sphere picture pop up near the line about a thousand tried and failed attempts? Because that might imply the dyson sphere was just another step towards the halos.
urk
Data [Conditional]

Re: On the large spherical object seen in the video.

Unread post by urk »

Interesting. I've speculated that the extended segment and the circle present in the newest glyph was to indicate transfer of occupants offworld (reseeding process), but for whatever reason, I never made the connection that the circle in the older, closed glyph and the one in the newer revision were one in the same.

That center circle in the original could be a Dyson Sphere. In the second, it has been transported elsewhere. Note the segment has been extended and at the end is a small sphere. The sphere that was previously in the center of the original glyph is missing.

:shock:

To bolster such a crazy theory, we have this little gem from our old pal, Adjutant Reflex:
Who is the path of light from blackest Earth to brilliant heaven?
Literally a path from Earth to the heavens, perhaps?