View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 AR was destroyed...by 343 Guilty Spark 
Data [Undefined]

Unread post Re: AR was destroyed...by 343 Guilty Spark
ChiliDog wrote:
if the question that the chief (or other reclaimer asked him) was about the containment of the flood/activation of halo that would fall under protocol. There would be no reason why a monitor would question protocol.

No reason for a monitor to question protocol, but certainly reason for a human being to.

It wasn't in the nature of GuiltySpark to feel remorse, or guilt about activating Halo, for him, it was simply a procedure that had to be done. But for the Forerunners, imagine what it would've meant to them to knowingly activate a device that would extinguish life throughout the Universe. Not something I'd do lightly, and not without asking a couple people about first.

I think the Forerunners felt guilty for having created such a device. They thought it necessary, but felt guilty none-the-less.

Think about the names of the monitors: Guilty Spark, Penitent Tangent... all efforts at giving an otherwise unfeeling entity "guilt" as well. A personification of sorts... so that while the monitors themselves aren't full of remorse, you know the people who created them were. Which I think is what the original question to the Master Chief by Guilty Spark was meant to bring up - the fact that the Forerunners didn't want to really use the weapon to begin with.

Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:46 pm
Moderator [Designated]

Of course they didn't, it was a weapon of last resort for a reason. They had no other option.

Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:05 pm
Profile WWW
Data [Conditional]

Quote:
He is not who you think he is.

He may not be 343

Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:38 am
Data [Undefined]

I agree with HardwareHeretic404 it couldn't have been 343 Guilty Spark. The fact is that he isn't re-activated for another 500 years or so and the events are taking place now in 2007.

AdjutantReflex might not be a monitor, but he had a role in the Forerunners plans for earth/ark. Perhaps instead of a monitor he was more of a clerk or provided information to the reclaimers.

Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3