Could the chief be tho one that AR speaks of?

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

ChiliDog
Data [Conditional]

Could the chief be tho one that AR speaks of?

Unread post by ChiliDog »

OK so i realized this may be a little far fetched but i figure its probably worth throwing on the table.

What if the master chief is the one who "defeated" Adjutant Reflex?

"Attempt no further communication.
I am utilizing its matrix.
Everything is within protocol.
Tomorrow, things may be clearer but I will not be here to witness the clarity.
I am for another place and another time. On my terms.
Be seeing you"

That new post sounds distinctly human. but the only way that the chief would know protocols and how to utilize a matrix would be with Cortana's help. I never pictured the chief too tech savvy other than opening doors and occasionally powering up a bridge. but this would explain why AR referred to whatever it was as a "he" rather than "it".

"The stain on his hands will not wash.
That damned spot as old as rock and time.
What has he learned in Eon’s slumber?
I doubt it’s mercy or sorrow.
I am diminished.
Outranked."

In this post by AR, the stain hes referring too could be chiefs destruction of the first halo and/or "creating" the Gravemind. Chief face to face big nasty, the gravemind said that he was "a monument to all of your sins". The next line i cant quite relate to support my opinion other than maybe AR referred to chiefs cryosleep or maybe the spartan soldiers locked in the sarcophagi from GoO. The chief with all his years of training certainly isnt going to become merciful or sorrowful for any of his actions.

...like i said, maybe a little far fetched but i would like to see what the rest of you think.
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Re: Could the chief be tho one that AR speaks of?

Unread post by Avateur »

A lack of mercy or sorrow don't fit the Master Chief. He might have none of that toward the Covenant, but toward his fellow Spartans (and presumably humanity) he has these traits.
ACEfanatic02
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by ACEfanatic02 »

MC was never that talkative.

Also "I am utilizing its matrix." sounds decidedly like an AI.

-ACE
rewind
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by rewind »

I lean towards it being Durandal, coming back...he always was a jackass that liked over powering lower AI's.

Especially the "On my terms"...he always stacks the deck in his favor.

Think about it...terminals in h3 mean more AI interaction (what else are you going to do, play a hot-coffee mini game?)...what better AI interaction than Durandal. Sure, Cortana has some sass, but no-where near that rampant b@$tard Durandal.
ChiliDog
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by ChiliDog »

Im not too sure about the whole marathon/halo crossover. i think if bungie wanted to incorporate durandal into the mix something would have been brought up sooner. He could have played a role in one of the first 2 games or been brought up in the books. I just dont understand why they would want to want until the 3rd game in the series. Not to mention on the overpowering lesser AI's i think he would have done something with cortana or the AI's from GoO.
Boston_Will
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Boston_Will »

If I remember from the Flood a Reclaimer does outrank a Monitor and possibly other forerunner AI's. This is becasue Guilty Spark says before the reunification of the index with the core:

'Protocol does not allow units from my classification to perform a task as important as the reunification of the index with the core - that final step is reserved for you, Reclaimer.'

This indicates that the Reclaimer most probably outranks the forerunner AI. The voice we here could be human.
Maimbot 9000
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Maimbot 9000 »

I kind of like the way these two lines from the fourth PM to Foman123 could relate to Master Chief:

"My identity is not your concern.
My intent is your concern."

In a meta sort of way, that's true--the whole reason MC never takes off his helmet is so we can identify more with him as a player. It doesn't matter who MC the character is, because while we're playing, we're Master Chief. And all we care about is playing and winning--there's our intent.

The rest of this new entity's communications doesn't sound anything like MC to me, though. :|
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Sir Topham Hat »

We're working on THIS timeline. MC has yet to be born.
Ross
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Ross »

Sir Topham Hat wrote:We're working on THIS timeline. MC has yet to be born.
Thats not been proven. This is sci-fi anything is possible.

MC could go back in time and activate the Halos 100,000 years ago. Bungie dose like time travel, it exsists in the Halo universe.

Could be anything.
AI23
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by AI23 »

There are a couple of moderators, Sir Topham Hat being one of them, who feel very strongly on this issue. I know I've already had this disussion with them. I recommend not getting into. However, considering this is a speculative board with a description that says "Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex." I think that means this board is a free for all for any hair brained idea a person can conceive.

That being said...I think time travel is a reasonable idea and explains a lot of things. There are lots of clues to indicate the MC went back in time.