Gravemind - Once Malevolent, Now Stirring?

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Re: Gravemind - Once Malevolent, Now Stirring?

Unread post by Sir Topham Hat »

shamanistcrage wrote:it is mentioned somewhere that "he is machine" correct me if i am wrong. and i dont think gravemind is a machine.
A truly appropirate observation if ever there was one. This entity cannot be Gravemind, how would Gravemind be interacting with human systems here on earth from his grave (pun intended) on installation 05?
mnemesis
Custodian [Obsolete]

Unread post by mnemesis »

shamanistcrage wrote:it is mentioned somewhere that "he is machine" correct me if i am wrong. and i dont think gravemind is a machine.
However, in another communication AR refers to the other as a "life". So, something that can be viewed as both a machine and a life.
shamanistcrage
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by shamanistcrage »

lol. a machine life... so... like an AI... well that helps.
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Sir Topham Hat »

Apparently tomorrow things will be clearer....lets hope they are.
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

A machine life. Oh my. Android! So, either we have a Dragon Ball Z problem on our hands, or we are dealing with the android from Alien!
GhaleonEB
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by GhaleonEB »

I also think he is Gravemind, for a number of reasons. Some are listed in the OP. Another is the similarity used in these phrases:

Gravemind, in Halo 2
There is much talk, and I have listened, through rock and metal and time. Now I shall talk, and you shall listen.
AdjutantReflex
The stain on his hands will not wash.
That damned spot as old as rock and time.
What has he learned in Eon’s slumber?
I think that wording is too similar to not be a clue.
theteal1
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by theteal1 »

Does anyone else still think that this is in our timeline, and that Gravemind doesn't exist yet due to lack of bodies?

I'm just a little doubtful...
robotchickengod
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by robotchickengod »

Well, the humans even have two versions of AI's they used. Could AR have been a 'dumb' AI and the intruder a 'smart' AI with more power and responsibilities?
shamanistcrage
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by shamanistcrage »

IIRC from halo 2, gravemind was there before anyone got there. i cant remember. i pawned (not pwned) my Xbox some time ago, so i cant just go play it to catch up on the story, and the wife wont let me buy a 360 until H3 comes out...

anyways. i think it could be Gravemind after quite a bit of thought, when i first heard this theory, i was like thats -blam-ing retarded, but now, the more i think about it, the more i think it could be... he has listened through metal (possible metal machines ) i dont know, for some reason, GM actually almost makes sense, the only reason my mind still cant wrap around it is why would he be superior to AR? that makes him sound like a higher program, or AI, or Officer. not flood.
robotchickengod
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by robotchickengod »

shamanistcrage wrote:IIRC from halo 2, gravemind was there before anyone got there. i cant remember. i pawned (not pwned) my Xbox some time ago, so i cant just go play it to catch up on the story, and the wife wont let me buy a 360 until H3 comes out...

anyways. i think it could be Gravemind after quite a bit of thought, when i first heard this theory, i was like thats -blam-ing retarded, but now, the more i think about it, the more i think it could be... he has listened through metal (possible metal machines ) i dont know, for some reason, GM actually almost makes sense, the only reason my mind still cant wrap around it is why would he be superior to AR? that makes him sound like a higher program, or AI, or Officer. not flood.
Gravemind did demonstrate a higher intelligence than the typical flood infection form though. And if he is using one of the monitors to get through, PT could outrank AR. I don't believe its gravemind though.