Countdown Discussion

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

PiousFlea
Data [Undefined]

Re: THE COUNTDOWN IS OVER!

Unread post by PiousFlea »

Sorry but I call BS on the "coordinates". The events of Halo 2-3 are known to take place near Mombasa, with Zanzibar and Voi both just a short distance away. In the Halo3 trailer, the "ark" is shown within visual range of the wreckage of the New Mombasa space elevator.

001.012, 034.053 is more than 500 miles away from Mombasa, which can't possibly be the ark location (it certainly isn't >500 miles in radius). It's also far too remote to expect Halo fans to visit IRL, as well as not precise enough - typical GPS coordinates are 8 digits in length.

-----
Converting it from base-7 to base-10, we get:

1 9 25 38

which still doesn't make a terrible amount of sense.
Psychophan7
Data [Undefined]

Re: Stopped Countdown: Coords?

Unread post by Psychophan7 »

Try 1.012 and 34.053, it yields a nice little peninsula in the body of water. It seems like it'd be more relavent because you can put stuff underwater, like an array or an ark.
zgl
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by zgl »

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this yet but if you go to the B-net forums and put AR's new avatar into the address bar it comes up as the following..
http://www.bungie.net/Forums/skins/defa ... _25_07.gif

If you take the 05 and 032 from that and put it in as coordinates on google maps it brings you close to a place called Juba, (possible Jub-Jub reference?)...

I am still trying to figure out what the MB is in reference to.
a lovely pony
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by a lovely pony »

PiousFlea wrote: 001.012, 034.053 is more than 500 miles away from Mombasa, which can't possibly be the ark location
Was it ever explicitly stated that the coordinates would point to the ark location?
Ibeechu
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Ibeechu »

On IRC, we've pretty much figured that it stands for a Macbeth line (Act V, Line 32). The line is delivered by Lady Macbeth: "Yet there's a spot."

Matches with the other "Spot" reference from AR earlier.
Hoplite
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Hoplite »

zgl wrote:Not sure if anyone else has noticed this yet but if you go to the B-net forums and put AR's new avatar into the address bar it comes up as the following..
http://www.bungie.net/Forums/skins/defa ... _25_07.gif

If you take the 05 and 032 from that and put it in as coordinates on google maps it brings you close to a place called Juba, (possible Jub-Jub reference?)...

I am still trying to figure out what the MB is in reference to.
I think those coordinates are really close to where Nile headwaters are. As for the ones on the clock. That seems pretty far away from Mombasa..but cool none the less.
ThePiousFlea
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by ThePiousFlea »

No, but it seems people are quite keen on interpreting it as so.
Beorn
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Beorn »

Converting it from base-7 to base-10, we get:
1 9 25 38
which still doesn't make a terrible amount of sense.
I'm not sure what the 1 and 38 are, but Halo 3 is releasing on 9/25 (the middle two numbers). Wonder if this gives us anything as a frame of reference, or if it's just a coincidence.
PhoenixA1
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by PhoenixA1 »

I took a nap today and I had 206.16.223.65 up and it was rolling along, nothing strange. (it was still going fast, a minute was about 16 sec.) This was at around 10 am or so. I get out of bed, its 5:30 pm the countdown is still going but at a much slower pace where as its going about twice or three times as fast as a normal clock. I stop by this forum and see this thread. So with out refreshing or closing the clock I've had going since 10 I pop up a new tab with the clock, and yes its stopped. But as of now my countdown read 006:004:030 and appears to be decelerating though it still seem to be going about 2 times as fast as a normal clock.

Alos. My countdown still reads.

/system override/
Core Relevance 37% and Rising.

/negative - system control diverted
whiteness
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by whiteness »

refresh that page... it'll change then