Timeline issue

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

deadguy
Data [Conditional]

Timeline issue

Unread post by deadguy »

Just a reminder.. the Cortana letters are also from this time period... OUR time period. Could this "advanced" AI be that war machine that Cortana shares space with?

Or perhaps the other way around?
bedlam
Data [Conditional]

Re: Timeline issue

Unread post by bedlam »

deadguy wrote:Just a reminder.. the Cortana letters are also from this time period... OUR time period. Could this "advanced" AI be that war machine that Cortana shares space with?

Or perhaps the other way around?
I've considered that too. The Cortana letters forshadowed some events that would take place in their next game blam, and the talk was familiar to those who loved Marathon. That quote has always been on my mind, for whatever reason, and I always assumed that the hybrid war machine is what we have come to know as the Master Chief. But it could always be something else!

In our email, it was mentioned..

Look for the signs, the keepers of the flame.
They will lead you to war, and perhaps, to victory.

Our AdjutantReflex was marked with the sign, and claimed it would seek one of us out. But maybe it could mean the one and only Master Chief? Or Cortana? In essence, it would seek us all out eventually. But some would say we have to pretend it is 2007, and that the AR is dumb. So.. Maybe it'll seek me out tomorrow.