The Watchers + SOTA's Ancients = The Forerunners

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

Eagle 117
Data [Conditional]

The Watchers + SOTA's Ancients = The Forerunners

Unread post by Eagle 117 »

A few of you may recall my last "major" theory titled Trautmann's Clue: A Dictionary of Answers. I used several hints/clues left by Eric Trautmann (original keeper of the Halo Bible) to try and predict where Bungie was going with the Halo storyline. I posted the theory over at HBO, and to my disbelief... Trautmann actually replied. He basically shot down most of the theory, but he also said, "Some of the other stuff, definitely on the money. :)" After 2 years, and with the help of Bungie's latest viral campaign, I can point out one of the things he was referring to as "on the money." Here it is, an exerpt from that theory:

"Many have found uncanny similarities between the Forerunners and humans, but it’s seems a bit obvious that they’re not exact. The Forerunners are described by the Covenant as techno giants; knowing and implementing a level of technology that’s far beyond anything either the Covenant or Humans have an original understanding of. 343 Guilty Spark refers to the Forerunners as such in Halo 2, but he never refers to any human as a Forerunner. The Covenant description of the Forerunners, as well as the description given in the Covenant Primer, matches a particular group of angels. They are a high order of angels and carry the title of the Watchers; also known as the Grigori. They resemble men in appearance, but are taller than giants. The Watchers were sent by God to instruct man in the beginnings of civilization; however, many became fallen angels after they descended to earth to teach man forbidden sciences and started cohabiting with mortal man. The Watchers who cohabited with mortal man spawned a new race. These offspring were the Nephilim. In Hebrew lor, the Nephilim stands for the giants of primeval times, fallen angels (demons) themselves. One of the reasons, often not discussed, for the Biblical flood was to rid the Earth of these half-breeds. Let me put it another way, cause for the Biblical flood can be traced back to the fallen angels."

Now read the first underlined part again, then scroll down this page and watch this vid of SOTA protestors in New York (LINK). As for the second underlined part, that's just trippy and may have some influence somewhere else in the Haloverse... Trautmann did say "other stuff." I'm not sure how, if at all, this will help the discussion surrounding AR, but it's cool nonetheless:-)

Also, 100,000 years ago also happens to be the last time you asked me (3:16), which is proven on the 12th question of this interview between Joe Staten and the Halo Story Page. My guess... THIS symbol = THIS;-)

- Eagle 117
Last edited by Eagle 117 on Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
SKR
Data [Authenticated]

Re: The Watchers = SOTA's Ancients

Unread post by SKR »

Wow, I remember reading your theories 3 years ago before I left Bungie.net, then I forgot all about you... This is very intriguing. Excellent thoughts once again.
Eagle 117
Data [Conditional]

Re: The Watchers + SOTA's Ancients = The Forerunners

Thanks for... remembering my theories, but forgetting about me:-) lol

- Eagle 117
SKR
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by SKR »

So are you saying that the Nephilim are the SOTA members, or most of Humanity? Let's see... they would have to be people that come from both Human and Forerunner roots... Spartans?
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

Very interesting read. You may be on to something regarding the ARG, seeing as how apparently it's only in the appetizer state. We have a main course and dessert to come, so who knows what we'll end up seeing.
Eagle 117
Data [Conditional]

Specifically, I'm saying that Bungie used the Watchers as a sort of model/outline to help shape the Forerunner character in the Haloverse. Also, I added one last thing in the first post:-)

- Eagle 117
Mikezoom
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Mikezoom »

Great read Eagle117. Love the connections especially the symbol = moniter, very uncanny. And the "flood can be traced back to the angels".... does this mean that they are not DIRECTLY responsible for the "flood"? Interesting....

WB btw. I did read alot of your posts back on b.net a few years back. ;)

Mike.
Eagle 117
Data [Conditional]

Thanks Mike. I'm still confussed about the Biblical flood vs the Haloverse Flood myself. It could go so many ways:

- The "fallen" Forerunners and some early Humans breed, which resulted in the Flood. This lead to the activation of the Halos in order to rid the universe of the Flood, just as the Bibilical flood was to rid the Earth of Nephilim (offspring of fallen angels and humans).

or

- The "fallen" Forerunners and some early Humans breed, which resulted in a very select few humans carrying on the Forerunner genes; aka the Spartans. This could parallel the Bibilical figure Golith; Golith being a gaint man with supper human strength. The Flood in this senario could be symbolic of sin. The only way God could rid the Earth of sin was to kill all it's inhabbitants; just as the Halos would kill all sentient life in the Galaxy... sin, like the Flood, is incurable. If this were the case, then the Halos won't be activated again b/c God promised that he'd never flood the Earth again.

or

- Bungie is using a combination of the two, or not using the Bible as an influence at all.

See what I mean. One could go crazy thinking of all the possibilities:-)

- Eagle 117
Mikezoom
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Mikezoom »

Maybe a bit far fetched and not sure if it relates to the ARG but what if the "flood" are the combination of the "fallen" & humans and by race/species? mixing that is their punishment or unfortunate result? I wish we had a few more facts in the ARG, I know it only started a few days ago and it will run for "weeks" but geeez this is addictive.
HardwareHeretic404
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by HardwareHeretic404 »

Wow. This gives way for some startling new revelations, and I have to say the pieces fit together quite nicely. This seems to point further in the direction of the Forerunners somehow causing the human race to grow (and I've always liked to think we are their descendants, however unlikely that is). It all makes sense, and it's just like what the SOTA organization is talking about. The question now is, how do we fit that into the current ARG situation?

HH404