What about Voi!

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

ACEfanatic02
Data [Authenticated]

Re: What about Voi!

Unread post by ACEfanatic02 »

reaperdude42 wrote:I agree, I wouldnt send someone out there to do design or modeling work, you can buy topagraphical maps that would serve the same purpose. My question is, would they send someone out there for this ARG. would they have actually have painted the Glyph to a rcok out there ( i accept that it could just as easily be painted to a rock in someones garden or be a photoshop job), or would they hold some kind of event in the middel of the desert and webcast it maybe? I know its probably far fetched , but we already know that they are planning events in other cities around the world... Why not in Voi or Mombasa?
There's no need to go to Africa to paint on a rock.

In fact, I'd be best NOT to. Local tribes have a tendency to get very upset if a visitor does damage to the area... and they aren't people you want to have pissed at you.

So they find a red rock, paint the symbol, and Photoshop it in. Voila.

-ACE
reaperdude42
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by reaperdude42 »

I accept that a photoshop job is the most likey answer, but what about an ARG event taking place?

13 cities... why not Mobassa...
ACEfanatic02
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by ACEfanatic02 »

reaperdude42 wrote:I accept that a photoshop job is the most likey answer, but what about an ARG event taking place?

13 cities... why not Mobassa...
What is the likelihood that anyone interested in Halo is going to be in Mombasa to witness it?

Not very high. Bungie (or, rather, Microsoft) isn't going to spend money on an unseen stunt.

-ACE
sharpsniper99
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by sharpsniper99 »

reaperdude42 wrote:
ACEfanatic02 wrote:
sharpsniper99 wrote:
(As for level design... there's this thing called "dramatic license.")

-ACE

should have toold that to the peaple who made the getaway :D

anyway all im saying is usually when a video game company decide to model an area in theyre game around an area in life they actually travel there and do a lot of work, which cuts into development time - take motostorm for example the new ps3 game, they actualy went to that canyon place and made theyre game quite accurate.

getting a general idea off overlays is expected, i was talking aboout literally painstakingly recreating it (like the getaway of motocorss did)
Alec T
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Alec T »

I noticed some inconsistencies (I am not sure about the spelling) in Jordan117's ark location. It fit topographically, but the location ws wrong. I read in a thread here (I can't remember where) that it was mentioned that the Halo 3 announcement trailer took place "somewhere between Voi and Mombasa." I decided to put in my idea of where it would be.