MS explains halo viral campeign

Discussion of the out-of-game, real-world aspects of the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

sharpsniper99
Facilitator [Conditional]

MS explains halo viral campeign

Unread post by sharpsniper99 »

well this thread just has some usfull info on the background of this arg, we already knew it wasnt by 42 entertainment and now we know its run directly by bungie's frankie, its also set to last 'several weeks' i dont know how long you could call that though

and the purpose - 'a spokesperson for Microsoft told us. "Led by an 'unknown' hand, users will discover bits of previously unknown information about the Halos, the Flood, the Forerunners, and the true origins behind the Halo trilogy."'

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=77905
iNteRn
Data [Conditional]

Re: MS explains halo viral campeign

Unread post by iNteRn »

This was kinda booring. I liked the mystic part about it, this totaly takes that away.

Nice finde btw! ;)
sharpsniper99

yeah and from the looks of things i dont know just how interactive this will be, seems more like simply a story :|
who knows though, anything could happen!

btw guy on unifiction forum found it
Boston_Will
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Boston_Will »

Less interaction than ilovebees i presume, though I think we will still have some interaction, what would be the purpose of the SOTA website? It will still be interesting finding out about the story, many of the theories and questions should be answered in the coming weeks. This article did take out some of the mystery behind 'iris' though - its nothing more than a name for the Viral campaign.
gspawn
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by gspawn »

How do we know there's less interaction? All ILB had at this point was a messed-up beekeeping site- I don't even think the GPS coordinates were up at this point. AR/SOTA already has those protest groups handing out flyers.
sharpsniper99

Boston_Will wrote:Less interaction than ilovebees i presume, though I think we will still have some interaction, what would be the purpose of the SOTA website? It will still be interesting finding out about the story, many of the theories and questions should be answered in the coming weeks. This article did take out some of the mystery behind 'iris' though - its nothing more than a name for the Viral campaign.
nah the name iris may still have a deeper connection, infact perhaps they named the campeign iris because it has such a huge influence 8-)

and i dont know about the participation thing, the way the article makes it sound is like a story that we are being led through, there will be interaction but i doubt there will be any extremely hard to solve puzzles or anything

in my opinion they are drawing us into the halo universe, making it seem like there are actual halo rings out there somewhere, its realy good the way theyre doing things - laying out the story - but thats all i reckon it really is
Last edited by sharpsniper99 on Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3of9
Arbiter

Unread post by 3of9 »

Its times like this that I hate being right. :roll:
Hoplite
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Hoplite »

I hear ya 3 of 9.

I'm afraid Microsoft or whoever planned this whole thing out made it a layman's ARG. ILB felt so much more grassroots than this has been thus far. ILB seemed for fans of Halo and fans of ARG's. This 'Iris' seems to be trying for a more mass market appeal. Which can't be all bad, just maybe less special for all those die-hard fans. I don't know, maybe it's just me.
Mariachi
Warden

Unread post by Mariachi »

We are just getting started though. I still have high hopes that this ARG will be more interactive. I don't know if it will be to the level of ILB, i.e. answering payphones and such. But who knows. We could all be pleasently suprised.
Hoplite
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Hoplite »

True. We got to play Halo 2 only five days before launch. ILB ended (with the clues for the events) what a week before then? We have over three months till Halo 3 ships and a little less than a month for the Halo Uprising comic. You're right a lot can change. I hope it does.