New info about the Comic?

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

DHalo
Moderator [Designated]

Re: New info about the Comic?

Unread post by DHalo »

shell.swf is the flash file that holds the whole comic page together. There are multiple other flash files that are a part of the page, but instead of embedding them all in the page itself, they embed it in one, single flash file, and embed THAT one in the page. The shell looks at an XML file for the rest of the files it is supposed to look for. The same goes for the main Halo3.com page. All the text and images are controlled by XMLs and are referenced by their respective flash files.

In fact...right now I'm making a complete archive of the site. Anyone want to host it?
dirkgently
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by dirkgently »

For those wondering why there is CSS on a flash page, it's to format the rest of the page, as well as align the flash content properly. i think. I don't know much about flash or flash & CSS working together. Also, ninety percent of all webpages use css. Even SOTA, which looks like it was designed in '95.
Systema Eterna
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Systema Eterna »

I have all the information downloaded as well. I have a webhost if needed.

AIM: vsrmx.
sharpsniper99
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by sharpsniper99 »

thanks dirk that definatly makes sense, the only thing that i noticed about the css is it has a colour set for text, why bother setting one up for a site made in flash, but yeah everything else about spacing makes sense
Systema Eterna
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Systema Eterna »

Spartan Erik
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Spartan Erik »

FYI the comic came out today in Best Buy ads in the US (red outline):

Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Sir Topham Hat »

3of9 wrote:Content expiration is related to the browser cache.

It is usually set x number of hours/days in the future of when you loaded the page.

While there's always the possibility of setting it to a hard date/time... seeing as how that particular page has an odd number of minutes and seconds on it... it looks pageload related.
*tear* Oh well. I guess this can be locked now.