Cradle of Life

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

whiteness
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Cradle of Life

Unread post by whiteness »

so have we decided that just as there are large sentinels and in halo2 lil mini similar drones that maybe, just maybe the forerunners had more than 3 kinds of machines,(sentinels, the mini's and the moniters)
Van Helsing
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Van Helsing »

Plus all of the Halo's are 'Living' machines,

so that's 7 more ;)

And I really should get Ghosts of Onyx and the HGN.....*goes to amazon.co.uk*
that worm
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by that worm »

there are three current types of sentinels found in the games
the tiny little ones i dont know the name of
the ones that were encountered in halo 1 (they have orange and blue beams in halo 2)
and the sentinel enforcers (i think thats what they're called)
Lichtonatus
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by Lichtonatus »

DaFreak wrote:It's possible though. In ghosts of onyx it is stated that all sentinels can combine to form a variety of different machines that can fulfil different tasks. I am not saying this is the case here but it may very well be possible that they are made up of 1000s of sentinels. Perhaps even those bigger sentinels from the halo 2 campaign were made from the normal kind combining with each other. Perhaps the sentinels are like the basic building block of all these machines. (just speculating though) :)
What? Like stargate replicators?

If that's the case, then is it possible that the small sentinels are comprised of the even smaller ones that whizz about in that level, doing random stuff?
Van Helsing
Moderator [Designated]

Possibly,

But I still think the Sentinels (with the lasers) are of their own class, along with the little ones that fly around and fix things.

Although, I can see perhaps, that the enforcers are made up of the Sentinels (with the lasers), even so, there must be some major-butt transformation going on there, along with the development of shield generators and Brute-shot and needler like weaponry - where did these assets come from?

This leads me to believe we haven't yet encountered any type of Sentinel that is a conglomerate (made up of) of any other type.
Lichtonatus

Or alternatively that there are locations within forerunner structures where these "upgrades" can be picked up by the sentinels as they form an Enforcer. magnetism or somthing perhaps.
Van Helsing
Moderator [Designated]

True, very true.

We seem to have only walked through 2% at most of either Alpha or Delta Halo's inner workings,
Lichtonatus

Yeah. It's such a large structure (a halo), but we barely get to see any of it. I wanna be able to go right down into the inner workings, see through windows they're bound to have on the inside of the ring and look out to the opposite inner edge. But I can't. Damn.
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Sir Topham Hat »

An interesting point. There is such a large amount of space to search, who knows what kind of stuff could be found if we looked, all kinds of info and technology I'm betting.
Lichtonatus

What would be nice in H3 (going a little OT) would be an option to turn off enemies (after completing it at least once) so you could explore, and just admire the apparently awesome views, cos you dont really have time to apreciate it with a Brute trying to rip you a new one.