Cradle of Life

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

sharpsniper99
Facilitator [Conditional]

Re: Cradle of Life

Unread post by sharpsniper99 »

Van Helsing wrote:We've established that those silhouettes are of dormant or hibernating Sentinels, mainly due to the first image and one of the side-on pictures that look exactly like (or very close to) Halo 1 / 2 style Sentinels,

Although, of course as everything, this idea too can be blown out of the water. But it's the most solid one so far.
please dont state things in a arg that your not sure about as fact - when was that established?

if it wasnt established you might have confused someone looking into something and could have prematurely stopped an idea forming
Van Helsing
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Van Helsing »

"Although, of course as everything, this idea too can be blown out of the water. But it's the most solid one so far."

Plus there was a whole topic based upon this,
sharpsniper99
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by sharpsniper99 »

yeah i saw what he said, but it still wasnt clear - i just wanted to make it known that speculation should still be made on this
SkylineJeeTeeAre
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by SkylineJeeTeeAre »

It's really not for sure. plus the "sentinels" from the halo3.com/comic thing were not smooth shapes. they looked all jagged. This might be just the art style, idk.
Attachments
main_200.jpg
main_200.jpg (58.29 KiB) Viewed 4085 times
main_236.jpg
main_236.jpg (116.76 KiB) Viewed 4095 times
Van Helsing
Moderator [Designated]

Those aren't sentinels - they're too big to be them, including the 'bigger' sentinels (Can't remember the name right now) encountered in the Halo 2 campaign as the Arbiter in various levels,

I suspect they are separate 'building' machines, possibly piloted, or un-piloted - i.e. programmed.

If you imagine the War of the Worlds machines (the newest film) - think of these as fatter, maybe shorter versions of those.

And yes, they look 'jagged' because thats the style of the art - Cave Wall drawings,

Thats my ticket anyhow,
SkylineJeeTeeAre
Data [Conditional]

Yea thats exactly what I thought of when I saw them, the War of the Worlds walker things. i still feel like the Halo 3 server pics look like Orbit Drop pod things though.....or could they all be differents viewing angles of the same object?
Van Helsing
Moderator [Designated]

The first image slightly looks like one, but it equally the wrong shape.

Plus, why would things as insignificant as Drop Pods be used there and classed as Servers?
SkylineJeeTeeAre
Data [Conditional]

This is true
Horizon
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Horizon »

<3 sig.
DaFreak
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by DaFreak »

Van Helsing wrote:Those aren't sentinels - they're too big to be them, including the 'bigger' sentinels (Can't remember the name right now) encountered in the Halo 2 campaign as the Arbiter in various levels,
It's possible though. In ghosts of onyx it is stated that all sentinels can combine to form a variety of different machines that can fulfil different tasks. I am not saying this is the case here but it may very well be possible that they are made up of 1000s of sentinels. Perhaps even those bigger sentinels from the halo 2 campaign were made from the normal kind combining with each other. Perhaps the sentinels are like the basic building block of all these machines. (just speculating though) :)