The "Vic Incident"

Leads that wound up being lost causes, having nothing to do with the ARG. Also, for threads discussing what turned out to be hoaxes.

Moderator: Moderators

DoItForTheLuulz
Data [Conditional]

Re: The "Vic Incident"

Unread post by DoItForTheLuulz »

Hun7er wrote:
dvasj2 wrote: So what should we do? Dial that number with every possible 3 digit halo related number at the end and see who picks up?
well how many can there be?

343, 777, 504...?

(7! = 5040 :geek: )

Go for it. I'm not trying all of those.
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Sir Topham Hat »

I'm firmly on the fake side of the fence on this one. It just doesn't seem like the GT, just like the AIM account, is verifyable enough. AR did say that he tried one other location and that he's going to remain communicating with us through B.net.
bovine politics
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by bovine politics »

Hun7er wrote:
dvasj2 wrote: So what should we do? Dial that number with every possible 3 digit halo related number at the end and see who picks up?
well how many can there be?

343, 777, 504...?

(7! = 5040 :geek: )
bovine politics wrote:Alright, after thinking on it, I'm going to place myself on the "fake" side of the fence regarding the gamertag. There are just too many inconsistencies and oddities for me to believe it is real now.
im not so sure. remember, the gamertag was linked to the b.net profile at some point (please correct me if i'm wrong), so any information gleaned from it seems legit. but i understand why it seems kind of fake right now. we'll just have to wait and see i guess.
I don't think it ever was. If we can find proof that the accounts were linked at one time, though, that would pretty much end the debate right there.
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

Sir Topham Hat wrote:I'm firmly on the fake side of the fence on this one. It just doesn't seem like the GT, just like the AIM account, is verifyable enough. AR did say that he tried one other location and that he's going to remain communicating with us through B.net.
That AIM account was fake because the SN was spelled wrong. Until this thing confirms it, denies it, or some other random event happens, we just get to assume what we will. As for me, I'm siding with fake.
MasterLeaf
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by MasterLeaf »

I believe whoever is behind this arg or whatever, simply could not come up with a more higher quality presentation than just recording the voice straight to the cellphone, at the time.

I believe this is legit, the Gamertag shows too much quirks otherwise.
bovine politics
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by bovine politics »

MasterLeaf wrote:I believe whoever is behind this arg or whatever, simply could not come up with a more higher quality presentation than just recording the voice straight to the cellphone, at the time.

I believe this is legit, the Gamertag shows too much quirks otherwise.

Yes they could.

The question is, if this is real, was a message that could easily be written off of a fake be intentional?

And if this is fake, why would the hoaxer put so much effort into it?
dvasj2
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by dvasj2 »

I guess I don't see why the fact that someone just recorded that audio straight into the phone from the video means its fake.
It seems like vic on the other end was just a mcguffin, I immediately thought "oh ok, there was an rvb reference to signify it's legit and halo related" nothing more.
I didn't try anything with the menu navigation, maybe entering it codes when you call will open up some new voice message/mailbox? Hey, what if that's it!

I think a good way to get the audio would be to call on skype and record it with audicity or whatever that open source audio application is.

It's pretty cool, I saw this this morning and got nostalgic for ILB so now I'm listening to ILB and thinking about this new ARG. :shock:

"someday! EVERYONE will cut their chickens like this!" ROFL
Last edited by dvasj2 on Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
khune
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by khune »

I sent a text message asking vic to answer my message back.
MasterLeaf
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by MasterLeaf »

Yeah, I'm devoting my time to this new ARG, since I quit analyzing ILB when it first emerged, got a bit tiresome, but I quite RIGHT before when that AI showed herself. :(
dvasj2
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by dvasj2 »

I remember earlier there was some discussion as to what service provider hosted the number.
It's Tmo.

I entered in 343 at the voicemail menu, and it said "thank you for using tmobile voicemail. goodbye."

Don't know if it's still relevant.