[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/session.php on line 1035: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3760)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4581: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3760)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4583: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3760)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4584: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3760)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4585: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3760)
args.bungie.org - View topic - It's Finally Over!
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 It's Finally Over! 
Data [Conditional]

Unread post Re: It's Finally Over!

Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:37 pm
Data [Conditional]

Location: Flint, Michigan, U.S.A., Earth, Sol system, Orion arm, Milky Way, Virgo supercluster
As a point of advice, a piece of Halo fiction set in that time area without Spartans (even if you have something similar with a different name) is like an ice cream shop without sprinkles: a lot of people might not care but some are going to ask where the sprinkles are and be confused and frustrated when you say there aren't any. I didn't figure out until it had gotten underway that it wasn't official, until about two weeks ago that it wasn't following canon (which made me consider saying "screw it" about the whole thing), about the same time it took a turn I didn't like (everything about the Halo, which made me consider disregarding it even more), and a week or so ago that there would be no payoff-- if I hadn't realized those things that early I would've been more disappointed that it didn't even lead to so much as a color change for a website.
It is impressive that you did it all by yourself (although I figured it wasn't more than five people).
I didn't sign up until now because I had a feeling it would turn out like this and I didn't want to get too into it, at least not as long as I had the excuse of not having an account-- I am the owner of some very powerful laziness-- which makes it all the more strange that I rounded up and tried to put in order all the threads on HBO.
I'm still surprised no one told Chair about Helen's statement that ONI knew what we were doing, I thought it was crucial information and could ease things considerably, and I considered joining just to send that along.
I hope you gained good experience and I wish you luck in whatever you do next.
Also, IRC? do you ever go to #hbo?
Also also, I missed having an edit button.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:47 pm
Profile YIM
Data [Conditional]

Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:03 am
Data [Authenticated]

I was half expecting an ending like 'station complete...what do you mean we have to stay here? screw you, risk your own lives.'

The way it ended was a pleasant surprise. If Helen hadn't ordered Muldoon arrested, I would have tried to shoot the BLAM when he entered the office. Reading through the posts now, all the encoded messages left by Chair takes on new meaning. Well done!

I had Hive's legacy code 'donated' by an Orion given how Helen respected them and her sudden change from the Wicked Witch to Fairy Godmother. But, I still had my doubts.

I can see a sequel to this ARG, oddly.

Finally....

It's Christmas. The Captain approaches the Monument. Searching for one name in particular, he stops. Laying his package before the Cenotaph, he touches the name inscribed there and, without a word, turns and departs. Pull away to see the name F484 on the monument, a hardbound paper book, an olive branch, and a bag of unground coffee beans.

(ps If you're familiar with Red vs Blue, I have the music for Sarge's speech in Revelations running through my head.)

Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:28 am
Data [Authenticated]

Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:40 am
Data [Conditional]

Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:27 am
Data [Conditional]

lol

The coolest thing, though, (for me at least,) is to be able to discuss all the process here with you.

How we broke your story, how you broke us, how we broke your roommates. All this makes the ARG oh-so-more special.

It's just like going paintballing and then hitting a bar/cafe/ice-cream-joint afterwards.

Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:57 am
Data [Authenticated]

Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:01 am
Data [Conditional]

Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:22 am
Data [Undefined]

Wow.

Thank you, just thank you.

I just wish I had participated more actively in this, but I got scared of screwing up after someone asked about Dr Halsey, and decided to leave it to someone who actually knew what they were doing.

Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next