Some thoughts and theroies

This is the place to discuss thoughts, theories, and speculation concerning Bzzt! Arg

Moderator: Moderators

Jagged
Data [Conditional]

Re: Some thoughts and theroies

Unread post by Jagged »

It seems to me the Orions are trying to save themselves; maybe even F484. Raschad was a test subject for some of the modifications. Maybe they need him to help with DNA reconstruction? Something along those lines. We know our "bottle" works. IF we can guess at a location for the next anomaly, then we may be able to give the Orions something they can use. I don't think Chair's info is useless. Maybe we need to look closer.
thereIwasn't
Data [Authenticated]

In other news...

Unread post by thereIwasn't »

Well, we now know who our mysterious encryptor is:

[spoiler]Chair[/spoiler]
mneo
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by mneo »

Oh, someone is using a slipspace transportation thingy like the one in Halo, from a shield world.
the new one
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by the new one »

Following Helen's message in The Final Mission: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=1609
Yes, Captain, it is an ONI encryption key. And yes, it is from the pre-Human-Covenant War era. I cannot give the message to you, but I can give you a brief summary of its contents.

The first is a passage from Norby, The Mixed-Up Robot by Janet and Isaac Asimov. There is a quote by Lord Terrence Hood about the plans to launch a counterassault to retake Reach. There is a selection of music from the band Marvel Net. Finally, an image of three young males, one of them holding a large white cat.
I thought in this AU Reach was decimated and nothing was left? Unless the Covenant still went to occupy it...

Not chasing after this nugget, but any one able to figure this out?
PsycoJoe
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by PsycoJoe »

This ARG(h) follows an alternate timeline. Don't try to resolve the two into one whole.
Jagged
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Jagged »

Europa is probably a reference to Arthur C. Clarke's Odyssey series...searching wikipedia....here's the entry:

"Europa is the smallest of the four Galilean satellites and the second closest to Jupiter. It is theorized to have an ocean of liquid water underneath its icy surface; the thickness of the ice is much debated. The probable presence of the water ocean has made it a favored location for modern fictional speculation about extraterrestrial life in the Solar system.

2010: Odyssey Two (1982) and 2061: Odyssey Three (1988) by Arthur C. Clarke. Aliens taking interest in the primitive life forms under Europa's ice transform Jupiter into a star to kick-start their evolution. Fifty years later, Europa has become a tropical ocean world from which humans are banned."
PsycoJoe
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by PsycoJoe »

Suggest before we leave the planet that our gizmo be moved to the station and a hardcopy message to the effect of 'Call home, your Momma's worried' be left with it.
thereIwasn't
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by thereIwasn't »

@Jagged:
Good note with Europa.

There's a second parallel--F484 using some forerunner device to make himself a "star child" equivalent?
I haven't read the book, I'm pulling what I recall from the Kubrick film here, along with a Wikipedia search.