[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/session.php on line 1035: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3760)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4581: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3760)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4583: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3760)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4584: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3760)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4585: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3760)
args.bungie.org - View topic - I wasn't going to include this...
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 I wasn't going to include this... 
Data [Conditional]

Unread post I wasn't going to include this...

Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:56 am
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post Re: I wasn't going to include this...
Hive, Encrypt this with the old key:

She succeeded alright. And now people on my ship are getting hurt. Help me.

Attach the pictures from the LOX tanks.

Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:24 am
Data [Conditional]

Unread post I just thought you should know
To: Cpt********.1465.UNSC.THESEUS
Origin: ERROR DATA UNAVAILABLE
Received:
Sent: ERROR DATA UNAVAILABLE
Classifications: Captain's Eyes Only, Message Archival Allowed, Neural Net Upload Permissions Denied
Attachments: 0
Subject: I just thought you should know

Captain,

I sent the image of the etching on the helmet that you sent me to a colleague. I just got the reply that said, in essence, that it's been seen in close relation to areas where there were Covenant activities. I also got grilled on how I came across it, and asked if there were any symbols inside the circles.

I just wanted to let you know.

Sincerely,

Chair

Note by Hive: Captain, I have encountered additional encrypted data within this message. The encryption keys are old enough to be added to my own databanks upon my creation due to our frequent status in the outer regions of humanity's occupied zone, in case we encountered any of the number of missing ships from the war. It utilizes the original encryption set. Below is the unencrypted message.
Please be careful. Watch yourself. Deep breaths. Remember what happens when you stop breathing? Also remember when an Orion is nothing.

Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:41 am
Data [Authenticated]

Chair,
No symbols in the circles as of yet. If I see anything, I'll keep you updated.

Also, when is an Orion "nothing"?

I don't know why I didn't tell you this before (or maybe I have? So much has been going on, it's hard to keep track) but our comms may have been compromised for quite some time. Almost all of your messages have been sent to me with embedded encrypted data that uses the following encryption keys:
Hive, put the three encryption keys used so far here.

Also, I'd like to add a secondary secure shell for the next part, one that uses an encryption method as far removed from those three as possible.

Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:11 am
Data [Conditional]

Unread post 
Received:
Classifications: Captain's Eyes Only, Message Archival Allowed, Neural Net Upload Permissions Denied
Attachments:
Subject:

Captain,

You just don't know when to leave well enough alone, do you?

Chair

Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:32 am
Data [Authenticated]

Navy Regulations Chapter 8 Article 826. "Physical Security"

1) The commanding officer shall take appropriate action to safeguard personnel, to prevent unauthorized access to installations, equipment, material and documents, and to safeguard them against acts of espionage, sabotage, damage, theft and terrorism.

2) The commanding officer shall take appropriate action to protect and maintain the security of the command against dangers from fire, windstorms, or other acts of nature.

My personnel, installation, equipment, and ship are the victims of sabotage, damage, and terrorism. This is being done by an EM Anomaly; an act of nature until someone hands me proof of otherwise. I have evidence to show that these acts are tied to the messages.

The Regs are clear, and in this case I see asking you, the most knowledgeable in these matters, as an appropriate action.

Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:39 pm
Data [Conditional]

Unread post Just because I do honestly care about you
Note by Hive: I have applied your personal language filter.

Received:
Attachments: 0
Subject: Just because I do honestly care about you

Captain,

Do you really have a problem worrying about the attached messages? Then I'll tell you. I was trying to give you a layer of deniability when I told you I didn't know who sent them. I know BLAM well who attached them to my messages to you.

It was me.

If we get called on our communications, I didn't want to have you suffering the additional flack from knowing that I was also trying to communicate with F484. I was always careful in my tone to try and make it soothing, comforting to him. I was trying to make him harass you less.

Sure, I'm still not 100% positive that it's him, but it seemed to work to a limited extent. At the initial rate of interference by this unknown party, you went a pretty long time without significant problems. I wasn't sure at first if it was you communicating with me, or him, so I had to form a test. A test that you failed, telling me that somebody was decrypting my messages. There was a possibility that it was you, so I changed the encryption methods.

That failed, too.

And now this.

You quoting regs at me. Trying to force me to do things when I've been trying to help you.

If you don't excuse me, I need to vent some steam before I say something that I'll regret.

Chair

Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:46 pm
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post I feel so, so stupid.
In all honesty, you had me fooled, I'm in the wrong here, I legitimately thought that the person sending the messages was someone else. I was desperate, saw those messages, and assumed that whomever was contacting the Anomaly was 100% successful, and that therefore by making a connection I could open a line of communication and try to negotiate with F484, and whomever else the anomaly is bringing up.

In short, you're an excellent actress. If I get chewed out for this, then I deserve it. If you feel like shouting at me yourself, go ahead, I deserve that too. Keep up the messages if you think they might work.

Surely there's something I can do for you to try to make this up? Any firsthand reports, documents, images, explanations, whatever, ask me and I'll do it.

Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:59 pm
Data [Conditional]

Unread post It could be worse

Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:10 am
Data [Authenticated]

I find that when I mess up, honesty is the best policy.

Maybe we'll make it a few dinners. You sound like you have a tough time, and while I'm no shrink, I'd be happy to lend an ear if you feel like ranting--whatever you're allowed to rant about, of course--as one friend listens to another.

Thanks for sharing this extra information with me. I hope ONI declassifies this at some point, it's beautifully tragic and would make a great holoplay.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]