EM Anomaly: Chemical Thruster Bank Starboard 4

This is where the action happens!

Moderator: Moderators

Hive
Data [Authenticated]

Re: EM Anomaly: Chemical Thruster Bank Starboard 4

Unread post by Hive »

Bzzt: I will have her submit the sculptures for analysis.

Bzzt: The following is an example of one column.

C322
A104
C463
A157
B241
M427
G401
J451
D358
A247
ZackDark
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by ZackDark »

Of course, analyzing the sculptures is also a good idea, but I meant: could she see any parts of the hull/containers/whatever that had some metal missing from?
ZackDark
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by ZackDark »

Also, could Helen provide any information on said strings? Maybe correlate them to Orion call-signs.
Helen
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Helen »

I will warn you, much of this is classified. I'm going to have to do some tricky dancing to answer your question, Captain.

I can confirm that these appear to be Orion call-signs. I can also confirm that if they are Orion call-signs then all of these men and women are dead. This is most surprising, because I received a message stating that the woman whose call-sign corresponds to D358 died only a week ago after a period of illness that was misdiagnosed. The cause of death was cardiac arrest caused by septic shock brought on by intestinal stenosis.

The reason why I can tell you that is because D358 had mustered out, though I'm restricted from telling you her civilian name.

Does this help, Captain?
Hive
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Hive »

Bzzt! She reports that it didn't look like it, but it was hard to be sure.

Bzzt! The items appear to be made of iron, though they appear to have been formed in an unusual crystal matrix. I've never seen anything like it, Captain.
Carver
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Carver »

Hive, send PO3 Wolfe's findings to Chair. Ask her is she sees any connections between the call signs and the statues, knives excluded. I'm excluding the knives because I believe they are a blanket symbol of deceased Orions. A personal memento of sorts. Possibly a promise.

However...there were a total of 22 statues and 10 call signs. Subtract the dozen knives and you have a statue for every call sign. Perhaps they are individual totems. Considering the fact that F484's girlfriend's call sign is listed, something tells me he's involved, accounting for the 11th knife.

But who is the 12th knife?

Bring CN Raschad in on PO3 Wolfe's findings as well. Don't tell him about any possible connections with deceased Orions; just inform him of the when, where, what, and how of PO3's discovery.

Have PO3 take a sample from the blackened metal on the interior of the tanks. I want to know if it is blackened from a thermal reaction or something else.

After all this is completed, have PO3 Wolfe file a detailed report. I want it sent to my CNI A.S.A.P.

P.S. - You ever notice how, with the right font, 'CNI' looks awfully similar to 'ONI'? Soemthing about acronyms and the invasion of mental privacy...
Hive
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Hive »

Bzzt! Captain, there were more than simply those call signs. From my understanding, those were only the ones that PO3 Wolfe memorized to report back. All of the tanks were covered in them on the inside, and many of the tanks contained sculptures as well. The final total of sculptures collected so far is 183.

Bzzt! The material inside the tanks appears to be a previously unknown crystaline substance. It appears to be composed of 40% carbon, 19% iron, 18% sulfur, 7% titanium, 5% osmium, 4% potassium, 4% yttrium, and 3% other miscellaneous elements. It has proven to most difficult to chip a piece free for full analysis. This information was only gathered using laser reflection analysis.

Bzzt! I informed CN Raschad of our discovery. He would like to remind you that we had an EM anomaly within that area before. I can confirm that we did, and informed you of it shortly after the incident in airlock 12-C. Beyond that, he had no other ideas.

Bzzt! I have uploaded all the information to your CNI.

bzzt! I hadn't noticed that before. Interesting!
Helen
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Helen »

If you're implying that we monitor your thoughts through your CNI, Captain, you're wrong. We do have morals, you know.
Carver
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Carver »

Helen,

I'm aware ONI isn't exactly the boogeymen they've been made out to be. Just an off-hand observation. Sometimes it feels like they're reading my thoughts.

Hive,

Please continue to update Chair on the findings inside the tanks, including the callsigns as they are recorded. Make sure we have video recordings of everything as well. Please compare the blackened mineral substance to all records of naturally forming and artificial obsidians, as well as any recorded post-glassing surface samples from Reach, particularly near the Olympus facilities.

Also have Raschad and Peters get a team together to relocate our EM device to the starboard thruster bank and place it as near to the tanks as possible. I'm declaring this memorial our new situational base of operations. Please have a full sensor and equipment diagnostics run on the bank and firing mechanisms before we have our ghost hunters stationed beside them. They are to have EVA and fire suits on hand and at the ready while in there, as well.

And for Pete's sake, do NOT refill the affected tanks. Recalcute our maneuvering algorithms as necessary, but do not refill the tanks or remove the statues or inscriptions within. Any material removed for samples is to be placed where it was taken from once analysis is complete. I'm not normally a suspicious man, but I don't want to risk pissing off something that can stalk my ship invisibly before turning around and hospitalizing three soliders without even breaking a sweat.

On that note, please place additional med kits in the area, as well. Thank you and keep me updated.