Report: PO3 Ives, Michael

This is where the action happens!

Moderator: Moderators

Hive
Data [Authenticated]

Report: PO3 Ives, Michael

Unread post by Hive »

Bzzt! PO3 Ives has filed a report on an incident that happened on the station, as well as a personal request.

PO3 IVES, MICHAEL

AT 0446 SST, CN FRANK PETERS AND I WERE WORKING ON INSTALLING THE REFURBISHED 4480 RELAY WHEN AN EM ANOMALY FORMED, SHUTTING DOWN OUR SENSORS. SINCE THIS HAS HAPPENED TO US FOUR TIMES ON THE CONSTRUCTION SITE BEFORE, WE DECIDED TO WAIT IT OUT. WHILE WE WERE WAITING TO BE ABLE TO INSTALL THE SENSORS, WE BEGAN TO LOOK AROUND.

WHERE BULKHEAD 88721-J IS TO BE INSTALLED THERE WAS A FIGURE IN GREEN KAVACHA ARMOR SITTING ON THE DECK. THOUGH WE COULDN'T SEE THEM, FROM HIS POSITION HIS LEGS SEEMED TO BE HANGING OFF THE EDGE OF THE DECK. FROM THE MOTION OF HIS BODY, WE ASSUMED HE WAS SWINGING THEM.

NOTING THAT THE GRAV PLATES HAVE NOT YET BEEN INSTALLED, WE TOOK INTEREST IN THIS. REMEMBERING THE CAPTAIN'S WARNINGS ABOUT DISPATCHING MEDICAL AND SECURITY CREWS TO THE SITES OF EM ANOMALIES ABOARD THE SHIP, WE KEPT OUR DISTANCE.

THE APPARITION SAT THERE, APPARENTLY STARING OFF INTO SPACE FOR APPROXIMATELY THREE MINUTES. AFTER THE THREE MINUTES, THE APPARITION FLICKERED, BECAME TWO-DIMENSIONAL, AND FINALLY VANISHED. APPROXIMATELY ONE MINUTE LATER, THE SENSORS AND COMMS CAME BACK ONLINE.

WE ATTRIBUTE THIS UNUSUAL APPEARANCE TO THE EM ANOMALY CAUSING A DISCHARGE WITHIN THE EXPOSED 5820 FIBER OPTICS RELAY NEAR WHERE IT APPEARED.

PERSONAL REQUEST: I WOULD LIKE TO REQUEST EXTRA TIME BEFORE THE START OF MY SHIFT SO THAT I CAN TALK WITH THE SHIP'S CHAPLIN.
Carver
Data [Conditional]

Re: Report: PO3 Ives, Michael

Unread post by Carver »

Hive,

Request granted. CN Peters and PO3 Ives both should speak to the ship's Chaplin as well as Dr. Muldoon. Tell them to take the day to do so and reroute a replacement for their duties for the day. Also, I need each of them to file as detailed a report as possible about the visual appearance of the figure, including what the armor looked like, approximate height and weight figures, and any details that stood out that could be used as identifying markers, such as damage to the armor, potential personal modifications to the armor, etc.

Also, let them know that I'd be happy to speak with them personally, if they would like. I know some of the crew is less than comfortable with that old stodge Muldoon.
Helen
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Helen »

Captain, I must stress that many of the details of their description are still highly classified. I know, I'm butting in again. I'm trying to do a very fine balancing act of being as helpful as I can without disrupting your own investigations.

I am willing to say this, however: both of their descriptions match PO3 Wolfe's descriptions fairly well. They seemed to have a more detailed placement of the damage to the armor, however, which was extensive.

I'm sorry. I'm trying not to interfere, but my directives are clear on the matter.

In better news, however, I have received the details of PROJECT: BOTTLE and PROJECT: DANCING. Though not the best of names, there's a great deal of technical data within. Hive and I are currently going through the information. Most of it was trying to use a slipspace rupture to alter the course of incoming plasma fire through simulations. They never were put into practical trials.

However, both projects had theories about the use of the AVAB systems to alter the plasma flow. We are attempting to find a way to modify these theories to allow us to alter the EM anomalies. I will update you when we have a working simulation.
Hive
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Hive »

Bzzt! I have a report from Dr. Muldoon.

bzzt! I would like to note that I did not apply your personal language filters.

Captain,

I just met with PO3 Ives and CN Peters individually. To put it bluntly, they were both scared BLAMless by what they saw. Frank was the one who came up with the explanation as to what they saw, though Mike seems a little hesitant to believe it.

Honestly, I got more out of Frank than I did Mike. Mike's a little BLAM. Probably going to go crying to the Chaplin about it all. Don't worry, Padre Peppers and I have lunch every Saturday so we can swap notes. No, we're not sharing them with you. But I'll figure out what's going on in Mike's head, see if we need to take him off duty.

I'm going to admit it, I called Helen in with my eval for both of them. Mike's walls went up further, which is rather telling. Frank seemed to appreciate it. She told him that the fiber optics relay was repurposed from another ONI gig and may have caused their little apparition, and that naturally everything they might have seen was top secret. He seemed to be comforted by that fact. Mike retreated further.

Peters, go ahead and clear him. I told him to see me at any time he has any questions, and that if I couldn't get the answers, I'd find them for him. I think he's going to be one of the stable ones in this mess. Mike I'll need to work on a bit more, but I don't have enough to take him off duty at this time. I haven't really spoken with him before, so I'll see what Padre says before coming to a conclusion. I might even see if I can corner him in the halls.

Two more things, real quick. Firstly, I'd like to see you myself. There's a lot going on and I'd like to make sure that you're on the up-and-up. Don't worry, I'm not thinking that you're going to BLAM your brains out any time soon. But Hive tells me you aren't sleeping well, and I know that this mission was your first that you ever lost anybody on. It'll do you some good to talk.

Secondly, what the BLAM is going on? Hive, please remind the captain of its placement on The List along with a cross-selection of at least six other things.

LT Muldoon, Robert

bzzt! As per Dr. Muldoon's request.
A List of Things I Hate For The Senior Officers wrote:310. The colors of my rank insignia on board this ship.
311: Lieutenants who think they know everything.
312: Petty officers who do know everything.
313: Being kept in the dark about things that affect my duties.
314. Being bored enough that I thought starting this list would be cathartic.  It's only proven to be depressing.
315: I can't prescribe myself antidepressants or antipsychotics.
316. اپ کی والدہ ہیں
Carver
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Carver »

Hive,

Please inform Dr. Muldoon that I'll bring him up to speed on as much as I'm able during our impending session. On that note, go ahead and see if you can find room in my schedule during the next week to pencil in an appointment for me to see the good doctor.

Also, please have CN Peters come see me at his earliest convenience. I would like to hear his side of the story in person...uncensored. Not to mention I want to verify that he's taking all of this in stride. His composure may be invaluable in this FUBAR fest.

Helen, I won't reprimand you for following protocol. It's not like you can really help it. But don't even think of interfering with any discussion I'm having with another crewmember, classified gossip or not. Thank you.
Helen
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Helen »

I've learned a lot from being stationed here with you and your crew, Captain.

Such as, if I don't know about something, then I cannot interfere. And, if you recall, my access to both interior and exterior sensors are given to me second-hand by Hive.