CN Raschad

This is where the action happens!

Moderator: Moderators

thereIwasn't
Data [Authenticated]

Re: CN Raschad

Unread post by thereIwasn't »

Noted, Hive, thanks for your cooperation. You're the best C-Class AI in the fleet.

Your apology is also noted Helen, and I'll be keeping an eye on your behavior from here on out. If we hit any bumps like this in the future, I expect you to talk to me instead of jumping to action.
You made the right choice in standing down, so I won't hold today's events against you. However, I think that both myself and Hive would appreciate it if you assisted in coordinating repairs to the AI datacore coolant system.
Hive
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Hive »

bzzt! Shucks. Just doing my job, Captain. No better than any other Spacebee would!
Helen
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Helen »

Captain, I assure you, while I may not be the most sociable AI in the world I will do nothing to earn your ire.

I apologize for making the life of PO3 Ruddy more difficult. In my final report on this incident I will commend her quick thinking and action to maintain the stability of the two of us. If Hive would be so kind as to please pass the relative data along, I will try to the best of my abilities to come up with a full assessment of any damage caused by our exchange and a plan for repairs if necessary. I will confer with him before making a suggestion to the crew about this.
PsycoJoe
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by PsycoJoe »

Your call, Hive. I'll back your decision.
Helen
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Helen »

Hive has just sent me the data and given me an echo to all the sensor logs needed to allow me to perform the assigned task. I will do everything I can to prove myself a valuable, if only temporary, member of this crew. Thank you.
PsycoJoe
Data [Authenticated]

You're welcome.

Hive...

What's the word on the probe data from the planet, pre and post CME. Also, just to find something else to talk about, even for a bit.... You mentioned the station being in a Lagrange orbital position. How many satellites does this planet have?
Hive
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Hive »

bzzt! Oh, things have been so exciting that I didn't want to bother you with that. I'm sorry!

Bzzt! The CME event caused a repaving of 87.1% of the planet's most outer layer, which is composed of water ice and ammonia.

bzzt! It's all so smooth and shiny now!

Bzzt! However, I made sure to mention that it's just the outer layer. That's the most important part. The entire planet seems to be composed of multiple layers. My current best guess is that during its time as a rogue planet, adrift in space, it must have traveled through several nebula, collecting material along the way in layers which solidified. Currently, we are far enough down that we found a liquid methane layer some 147 layers down. I suspect that with the temperature changes we will soon be able to detect the core.

Bzzt! I'm going to attach a suggestion to have this planet further studied when we return to port. The station's design allows for easy retrofits, so it could easily be adapted to also provide data about the planet itself. It might give us valuable insight into the lifespan of rogue planets, which is still based a great deal on conjecture.

bzzt! Cpl Trump has mentioned this several times. He has mentioned that it has frustrated the scientific community that we will find a system which we believe contains a captured rogue planet only to discover upon arrival that the planet was ejection so long before our arrival that it cannot be tracked. He is very interested in this sort of thing, and has asked me for information ever since we brought him out of cryo. Though he does note with some degree of disappointment that he does not understand most of the information we've gathered so far.

Bzzt! There is one natural satellite orbiting the planet at this time. My guess is that it was a captured asteroid. XO McAllister has given it the nickname of Phobos' ugly little brother. It does indeed seem extremely similar to Phobos, with the only difference being that it is only 3/4 the size.

bzzt! Though appearance wise they are almost completely similar, XO McAllister insists that Phobos is prettier.

Bzzt! The satellite should not be of any danger to the station.
PsycoJoe
Data [Authenticated]

Inform Cpl Trump that if it bothers him that much, he can run spectra-graphic analysis on each descending layer in his spare time. That way he can compare them to any nebulae that might exist in our astronomy catalog.

And tell the XO that if Phobos was fear, then his little brother would be Anxiety. She can look up the Latin for that.
Hive
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Hive »

bzzt! She says it's 'Sollicitudo.' She says not to quote her, though, as it's been a few years since she's looked at Latin, and wishes to remind you that Phobos was the Greek god of fear, not the Latin word for it.

bzzt! She and I have been talking a lot lately. Not enough to warrant informing you about as per current safety protocols, but quite a bit. It's nice.
PsycoJoe
Data [Authenticated]

I stand corrected. Tell her "One point, your favor." and that I've decided to call the moon 'Fauxbos'. (Let's see if she gets that one.)