Still Ticking

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

thereIwasn't
Data [Authenticated]

Still Ticking

Unread post by thereIwasn't »

Even over three years later, I'm surprised to see that some of the IRIS related material is still up. Amazon still has a page for The Castaway Theory, and both the Society of the Ancients pages and theartifactlocation.com still bring up sites.

How much of the ARG is still left intact?
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Re: Still Ticking

Unread post by Avateur »

Maybe we missed something and never successfully completed the ARG. It's time to rally the troops and get back to hunting!
LoneRanger 2.5
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by LoneRanger 2.5 »

We have troops?
thereIwasn't
Data [Authenticated]

LoneRanger 2.5 wrote:We have troops?
I'm still here. While waiting for Bungie to develop their next ARG I helped out towards the end of 2K's Bioshock 2 ARG, and I directed a bunch of people I know in creating and launching an ARG against a Young-Adult Novel site.

Even so, I've been checking this site on a monthly basis at minimum since 2007 in hopes of something new. It makes me feel like one of those crazies who keep their basement filled with survival equipment for the Apocalypse, but if you need me, I'm ready at a moment's notice.
LoneRanger 2.5
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by LoneRanger 2.5 »

thereIwasn't wrote:
LoneRanger 2.5 wrote:We have troops?
I'm still here. While waiting for Bungie to develop their next ARG I helped out towards the end of 2K's Bioshock 2 ARG, and I directed a bunch of people I know in creating and launching an ARG against a Young-Adult Novel site.

Even so, I've been checking this site on a monthly basis at minimum since 2007 in hopes of something new. It makes me feel like one of those crazies who keep their basement filled with survival equipment for the Apocalypse, but if you need me, I'm ready at a moment's notice.
Ha! Very cool. I'm sure those of us left at ABO will be doing lots of callings out whenever the next ARG starts up :)
Mariachi
Warden

Unread post by Mariachi »

I still check here regularly as well, at least once a month or more just to see if the fires are still burning.
Ibeechu
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Ibeechu »

Mariachi wrote:I still check here regularly as well, at least once a month or more just to see if the fires are still burning.
Same. And with all the buzz on HBO about this potential new ARG, we might just have to dust off these old forums...
thereIwasn't
Data [Authenticated]

Ibeechu wrote:
Mariachi wrote:I still check here regularly as well, at least once a month or more just to see if the fires are still burning.
Same. And with all the buzz on HBO about this potential new ARG, we might just have to dust off these old forums...
I'm still skeptical about that. Has he posted anything other than text?
Mariachi
Warden

Unread post by Mariachi »

Are you Skeptical about me? Don't let my lack of posting fool you. I am a busy man. I work 50+ hours every week, just had my first baby, and am extremely active in my church. Time is not easy to come by. But I do check here often. Heck, I check HBO two or three times a day, but rarely do I post. It's like my favorite tagline on HBO says: You are not your post count!
thereIwasn't
Data [Authenticated]

Mariachi wrote:Are you Skeptical about me? Don't let my lack of posting fool you. I am a busy man. I work 50+ hours every week, just had my first baby, and am extremely active in my church. Time is not easy to come by. But I do check here often. Heck, I check HBO two or three times a day, but rarely do I post. It's like my favorite tagline on HBO says: You are not your post count!
What? No, you're an awesome person, way more so than I (which is part of the reason why your name is in bold colors and mine isn't). The fact that you're now a dad, but can still find the time and energy to post that comment is valid evidence.

I'm skeptical about the supposed ARG with Hive and ISitInA; all they've posted so far is text. I'm used to images, sound clips, puzzles, and so on.
Or maybe Bungie and 2K have spoiled me.

Sorry about the confusion.