coordinates removed from artifact location?

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

thereIwasn't
Data [Authenticated]

coordinates removed from artifact location?

Unread post by thereIwasn't »

I just went by theartifactlocation.com for the random heck of it, typed in boomerang, the usual, and nothing came up. Just the glyph (same as original I think). Does this mean anything?
LordOsiris
Data [Authenticated]

Re: coordinates removed from artifact location?

Unread post by LordOsiris »

I don't think this means anything. The ARG has effectively ended until the next major clue, if there is even one. I think the coordinates disappeared after Contact Harvest was released.
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

My biggest problem with that Artifact Location is how none of it seems to make sense. The Artifact Location would appear to refer directly to the Ark, which as we know is well outside of the Milky Way galaxy. Great. But what was given to us as the clue to unlock this thing? The Boomerang Nebula. What was our password? "Boomerang." Those locations are obviously nowhere near each other, and seemingly have no connection (that we know of). At the end of HALO 3 in the Legendary ending, we have ANOTHER nebula that's now highly suspected to be the "Iris nebula." This nebula doesn't seem to have any connection to the Boomerang Nebula or the Ark (that we know of). Good times.
UnrealCh13f
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by UnrealCh13f »

thereIwasn't wrote:I just went by theartifactlocation.com for the random heck of it, typed in boomerang, the usual, and nothing came up. Just the glyph (same as original I think). Does this mean anything?
this is why... the coordinates from theartifactlocation were tied to a domain named akqa-secret.com and had a .xml file that contained the data, the website is now "parked" and that data is lost...
LordOsiris
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by LordOsiris »

Avateur wrote:My biggest problem with that Artifact Location is how none of it seems to make sense. The Artifact Location would appear to refer directly to the Ark, which as we know is well outside of the Milky Way galaxy. Great. But what was given to us as the clue to unlock this thing? The Boomerang Nebula. What was our password? "Boomerang." Those locations are obviously nowhere near each other, and seemingly have no connection (that we know of). At the end of HALO 3 in the Legendary ending, we have ANOTHER nebula that's now highly suspected to be the "Iris nebula." This nebula doesn't seem to have any connection to the Boomerang Nebula or the Ark (that we know of). Good times.
It pisses me off too, but I can understand it. Bungie/Micro$oft want to make money on Halo- even now, with the "last" game released, they still want to keep it open for what i believe is to be a "sequel"- not really in the arc of the story, but still in canon.
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

There's also the problem with the fact that, if memory serves, nebulae are only viewed the way they are because of adding or detracting color to pictures. They're not blue, or rainbow colored, or any of that.
DHalo
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by DHalo »

Actually...the data is NOT lost.

Voila! My backup website! I made sure to back up the websites for the game, and I guess this came in handy. Lemme link you to the thread...

Okay....apparently an admin saw fit in deleting the thread without telling me...oh well.

Here's a link to the site anyway: http://dhalo.110mb.com
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

I actually saw fit to move it to the Misc area of the Resources forum (where glyph pics, AR posts, etc are). Sorry for not telling anyone. :(

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=893
Andorhal
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Andorhal »

yea, the hosting site doesnt exist for the data anymore, look in the source, so its blank
thebruce
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by thebruce »

blame AKQA... their site akqa-staging.com is no longer active. bad form...