General Terminal Discussion *Campaign Spoilers*

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

ProfessorHojo05
Data [Authenticated]

Re: General Terminal Discussion *Campaign Spoilers*

Unread post by ProfessorHojo05 »

I just had an idea, but I will need others to help me out with the proof. WHERE and WHEN exactly is it stated that the ARK is a safe place from the Halo firing? Of course it is outside their range so it is safe, but has it ever been said to be a safe instillation for reasons other then its location? I have come to believe that the ARK is STRICTLY an automated Halo ring manufacturing plant of some kind. Once a ring is constructed, the ARK activates its portal thing and warps the ring to its proper location in the galaxy. If this is true then it would support my idea that MB sent Master Chief to the Maginot Sphere using the portal while their ship was in mid transit.
smallfry
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by smallfry »

Avateur wrote: --snip--
So, it would appear that we still have some HUGE unanswered story elements. If only Bungie would answer some of these things for us some day...
You know, there's a thread for a huge q&a that Bungie will be posting responses to tomorrow (for their weekly update, I'm assuming) over at bungie.net (here: http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx ... &cid=12827)--common knowledge, I know, but bear with me. It seems like it might be a good place to ask the sorts of questions this thread raises--I mean, the story arc is 'over', maybe they'd be willing to toss us a few bones, information-wise. And if you asked with the weight of the community at abo, maybe that would help convince them.
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

I haven't even bothered to look at that topic. Bungie is Bungie. I don't see them answering anything having to do with campaign at all beyond vague responses unless the questions are something extremely mild. Maybe they'll surprise us all, but my hopes definitely are not held high. There are unanswered Marathon questions to this day.
Menelven
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Menelven »

Avateur wrote: Now, 343 Guilty Spark may have had an idea (or been positive) of Installation 04's creation based on his conversation with Mendicant Bias at the terminal that showed up previously in the level, which would then allude to him being extremely aware of how Truth's activation of the Array would end up making his precious Halo blow up. Unfortunately, this new Installation 04 isn't in standby status like the others. Add to that the fact that 343 Guilty Spark's mind goes straight to how if Installation 04 gets activated by Johnson, the Ark will be damaged/destroyed. He THEN realizes that his precious Installation 04 will be destroyed, too. Why would it take him to just then to realize that his Halo would go bye bye again if he already made that connection regarding Truth? Something is HORRIBLY wrong here.
Since Humans are closely related to the Forerunner in someway, 343 thought that they would not try and fire 04 early, so he didn't thin kit would be destroyed. It was only after Johnson tried to do it anyway that he turned hostile, makes sense.
Bradxd
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Bradxd »

Actually, I think Forerunner's were humans.
UNSCleric
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by UNSCleric »

What new "Halo countdown" is that guy talking about? October 14th?
dan_rules
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by dan_rules »

hmmm... cortana says that she had a plan to not fire ALL the halo rings, which is what typically would happen, right? they'd all fire together.. well, they only ended up firing the brand spankin' new 04. Which does kinda fall into not firing ALL the rings, right? Maybe it was her plan all along. She has defied gods and demons, ect.... (i know..gravemind...but still) so why not be able to have at some point learned that the halo would be replaced? Maybe while she was in original 04 system she came across info the 343 was completely unaware of. Cortana woulda been directly connected to the halo, and perhaps, all the halos and the arc through the system. 343 is a completely seperate entity programed to only know what it's told. Just a thought.
jeffwar7
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by jeffwar7 »

slightly off topic but it does have to do with terminals.. and if mentioned before sorry ... Has anyone else noticed how alike the terminals in halo 3 are when compared to the terminals in Marathon? Whats most alike it the text, and how it is broken up with small error messages much like the 7 terminals in halo....i have been looking for screen shots of the Marathon terminals, which im unable to find. If anyone is able to find some and post em with the halo ones it would be much eaiser to see what im talkin about
Facultas Tempestas
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Facultas Tempestas »

KLind
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by KLind »

This is a really great read, and a great theory:

http://forums.ascendantjustice.com/inde ... 6012&st=40&#

post 42