The Forerunner Collective in the Ark

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

ShortRoundMcfly
Data [Undefined]

Re: The Forerunner Collective in the Ark

Unread post by ShortRoundMcfly »

Maimbot 9000 wrote:You're not thinking creatively enough. Surely in the war for the survival of mankind, and indeed most life in the galaxy, a man could pick up an alligator in each hand and, by squeezing their tails painfully, force them to open and close their jaws on demand. Or just swing them around like giant, living maces. It's Judgment Day, Professor. Your arbitrary labels separating animal from weapon have no meaning here.
This is my favorite post ever.
ProfessorHojo05
Data [Authenticated]

Re: The Forerunner Collective in the Ark

Unread post by ProfessorHojo05 »

ShortRoundMcfly wrote:
Maimbot 9000 wrote:You're not thinking creatively enough. Surely in the war for the survival of mankind, and indeed most life in the galaxy, a man could pick up an alligator in each hand and, by squeezing their tails painfully, force them to open and close their jaws on demand. Or just swing them around like giant, living maces. It's Judgment Day, Professor. Your arbitrary labels separating animal from weapon have no meaning here.
This is my favorite post ever.
It made me laugh. But back to the topic at hand. I don't think there would be any kind of collective mind in the Ark, nor do I think that Humans were seeded with Forerunner DNA, nor that the Forerunners expected humans to understand or be capable of solving the Flood war problems, nor that the Forerunners expected us to bring back their species in ANY way. There isn't enough evidence to support any of that. The speculation of this has run rampant and has lost all sense of plausibility. In all likelihood, the Forerunners expected the unique qualities of some life form on this planet to be physically immune to the flood and that it would eventually take the Forerunner's place as the most advanced life in the galaxy. This took place all around 100,000 years ago give or take a couple 100 years. Who's to say that they knew humans would be the dominant life form on this planet, Forerunner intervention or not. ANYTHING could have happened to alter the course of our development. Perhaps the ARK not only protected earth from the Halo firing, but also functions as a planetary defense against things that would harm the planet? OH WAIT!!! It didn't protect us from the Covenant. It hasn't stopped asteroids from falling to earth. If there was a Forerunner collective mind inside, why hasn't it intervened when humanity was in peril. If the ARK is ANYTHING like the shield worlds, it would have done something to stop disasters like the Covenant landing on Earth.