What have we learned?

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

Power to IRIS
Data [Authenticated]

Re: What have we learned?

Unread post by Power to IRIS »

Maimbot 9000 wrote:
Power to IRIS wrote:The Forerunner Halo Population Split was pretty much a basic bait and catch.
One more time: if you cannot point to something specific within the IRIS game that is telling us this happened, it does not belong in this thread. Point to a document from the servers, or something AR said, to support your claim. Be specific.

"Love" is a strong word and does not, in my mind, accurately describe the situation. Unless they "love" all the other races that survived extinction as well. Clearly we were somehow special or important to them. Calling that "love" seems hopelessly vague.
There is nothing in the servers that talks about the military tactic they employed to stop the Flood, it is pretty much basic reasoning of how they would try to kill the Flood with the Halo's.
You might think love is a strong word, but think about how they reacted to finding humanity. They realized there was hope that they could stop the Flood AND preserver their culture within the humans. This was what someone would call "the turning point" in the Forerunner-Flood War. Luckily, they had time to make the Arc, preserving there place in the history of our species and in the universe. They definetely cherished that they could still live on after their species's death.
NightFalcon
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by NightFalcon »

We also learned that:

- There was another Gravemind before the one stopped by the Forerunners and the modern one which is on the High Charity.
Quote:
It spoke to us
{/MOCKINGLY, DISMISSIVELY/}
It has done this before
{/ELSEWHERE/}

- The Forerunners wanted to obliterate the antithesis of life: death (or the personification of death and darkness, the Flood).
Quote:
KNOW THAT ENERGETIC AND TENACIOUS AS LIFE IS
IT HAS AN ANTITHESIS JUST AS POWERFUL
IT IS THAT THING THAT WE MUST OBLITERATE

- The Forerunners created or found a rival, contender, to fight the flood.
Quote:
I pray that it doesn't come to that.
{/I PRAY THAT THE CONTENDER SUCCEEDS WHERE OTHERS HAVE FAILED/}

- The title reclaimer refers to the one who will come to reclaim the Ark and revive the species which were destroyed by the Halo's firing and not just one who will reclaim their technology.
Quote:
The thing we built on that world will vouchsafe their lives,
{/But perhaps one day it will be used for its intended purpose./}
If the plan succeeds, and they are saved, it will be a good world.
If the plan fails,
{/And the adversary succeeeds./}
it will remain an enigma forever
{/With no-one left to reclaim it./}
The thing= The Ark= The thing
;)
What do you think?
ii otnemem ii
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by ii otnemem ii »

Not sure if you have made it into the Speculation forum recently (and I hate to do a shameless plug of my own topics), but I did a kind of Comprehensive Character Analysis of Adjutant Reflex's Superior (or "NAR" as we have so lovingly dubbed him) and tried to stick to facts as much as possible. I posted it in Speculation due to the implications of some of my hypotheses. Anyhow, check it out -- I know it's long, but it needed to be, in order to be called "Comprehensive" (which is pretty much a four syllable word for "long").
NightFalcon
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by NightFalcon »

Wow great analysis!!!
However my intel was to report what we've learned throughout the Iris campaign.
Do you think NAR has anything to do with Cepheus from those fake halo 3 script papers?
:?: