What have we learned?

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

SickTreeHugger
Data [Conditional]

Re: What have we learned?

Unread post by SickTreeHugger »

CrYpTkEePer wrote:Is it just me or does anyone realize that humans weren't here 100k years ago? It was merely are apelike cousins if im correct, if they did see something in the apes how did they realize what we would become.
yes that is why there is that gap in evolution, between monkeys and humans, because they were in the ark.
Frogwart
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Frogwart »

I'm a nice guy, so I'll say it once more before locking:

What Have We Learned? is the topic.

Stay on it.
DC Tactical
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by DC Tactical »

Frogwart wrote:What Have We Learned?
Not much apparently. Iris = Disappointment.
Power to IRIS
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Power to IRIS »

-Halo was built to kill all intelligent life so they could starve the Flood.
-Humans are NOT descendants of the Forerunners.
-The Servers are pretty much a timeline of the Flood Epidemic.
-The Forerunners love humans and wished to study us, so they built the Ark to shelter us from Halo's firing.
-The Forerunner's split their population among each of the Halo's, nuked their ships, and then fired the Halo's.
-The Flood have been on the Halo's ever since.
-The Ark's location is near Voi, Africa, in the caldera of a nearby volcano.
Maimbot 9000
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Maimbot 9000 »

Power to IRIS wrote: -The Forerunners love humans
-The Forerunner's split their population among each of the Halo's, nuked their ships, and then fired the Halo's.
It would be great if people could link to relevant info. Both of these sound like speculation to me; the first is especially, uh, strange. And if I missed the second, well, that doesn't make sense--why would they need to be on the Halos when they fired? They could be anywhere in the galaxy when they pulled the trigger. They'd still die.
Power to IRIS
Data [Authenticated]

This is basic military strategy. To pull the enemy out of hiding, you say exactly where you are. If they split them up, it would take much longer for them to built a Gravemind. That's how they haven't been able to recover from the Halo's.

spliting population among each Halo+nuke the ships+activate Halo's=no Flood outside the Halo's until they are discovered again and are able to get off on a ship. :ugeek:

The human quote is actually mostly speculation, but has much fact from Server 5 to base it off of. But I don't want to dig right now, so just go into Server 5's Resource page and check out the info.
Maimbot 9000
Data [Authenticated]

In other words, both are speculation. Point to something specific to back up your claims. Don't tell me to do your research for you.
Power to IRIS
Data [Authenticated]

Call it speculation if you want, but it makes more sense when you listen to the Server 5 vid closely, and how they talked about humans.

The Forerunner Halo Population Split was pretty much a basic bait and catch. By then, they had at least one Gravemind, so it would be very hard to trap all of them. What they most likely did was lure them all to the Halo's with the "bait", nuke their ships, and then activate the Halo's, strading them there, and starving them. As you could see, they fell for it hook, line, and sinker.
NightFalcon
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by NightFalcon »

Here is where the Forerunners speak about the humans:

"The inhabitants; these unique denizens, must be researched.
They may hold answers to our own mysteries.
{/What irony that we discovered this treasure, only at the end of things./}
{/But what fortune that we still had time to save them./}
The thing we built on that world will vouchsafe their lives,"

Don't you think that Forerunners care about humans?
;)
Maimbot 9000
Data [Authenticated]

Power to IRIS wrote:The Forerunner Halo Population Split was pretty much a basic bait and catch.
One more time: if you cannot point to something specific within the IRIS game that is telling us this happened, it does not belong in this thread. Point to a document from the servers, or something AR said, to support your claim. Be specific.

"Love" is a strong word and does not, in my mind, accurately describe the situation. Unless they "love" all the other races that survived extinction as well. Clearly we were somehow special or important to them. Calling that "love" seems hopelessly vague.