[General Discussion] Server 3 Reward

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

AfRo SaUcE
Data [Authenticated]

Re: [General Discussion] Server 3 Reward

Unread post by AfRo SaUcE »

Unr3alChi3f wrote:
AfRo SaUcE wrote:
Unr3alChi3f wrote:Microsoft Shipping Dept Phone Number: 425-706-2910

Found on my package sticker...

...for server 2.
What do you mean? That they gave you the info about your server 2 package instead?
The bag that had the prize inside had a sticker of where it came from, included was their phone number...
Oh my bad, well, Anyone called?
iggy73
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by iggy73 »

AfRo SaUcE wrote:
Unr3alChi3f wrote:

Yep - I did. Some woman answered and when I asked her if her department was shipping out prizes for the IRIS ARG she had no clue what I was talking about.

:lol:
InsaneCow11223
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by InsaneCow11223 »

if you had a server 3 key, you prolly shoulda asked if anything was being sent to your zip code
since im not sure the shippers actually know wtf the IRIS is xD
ii otnemem ii
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by ii otnemem ii »

iggy73 wrote:
AfRo SaUcE wrote:
Unr3alChi3f wrote:

Yep - I did. Some woman answered and when I asked her if her department was shipping out prizes for the IRIS ARG she had no clue what I was talking about.

:lol:
Huh-wha-huh?!
Parcel carriers have NO IDEA what they are shipping, except just "packages" (hence, the Mitch Hedberg joke: "I like the Fed-Ex driver, 'cause he's a drug dealer and he doesn't even know it."). They don't know the contents or intents of the packages. You should instead ask if there is a package scheduled to ship to your address, weighing a couple pounds with the sender being Microsoft.

Disclaimer: This post in no way condones the use of parcel delivering services as a means of drug trafficking.
iggy73
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by iggy73 »

ii otnemem ii wrote:
Huh-wha-huh?!
Parcel carriers have NO IDEA what they are shipping, except just "packages" (hence, the Mitch Hedberg joke: "I like the Fed-Ex driver, 'cause he's a drug dealer and he doesn't even know it."). They don't know the contents or intents of the packages. You should instead ask if there is a package scheduled to ship to your address, weighing a couple pounds with the sender being Microsoft.

Disclaimer: This post in no way condones the use of parcel delivering services as a means of drug trafficking.
Ummm... it was Microsofts shipping department that I called. I even tried to explain what the heck I was talking about, no luck. I wonder if they even know if they ship a little Operating System out of there?

:shock:
ii otnemem ii

Unread post by ii otnemem ii »

iggy73 wrote:
ii otnemem ii wrote:
Huh-wha-huh?!

Ummm... it was Microsofts shipping department that I called. I even tried to explain what the heck I was talking about, no luck. I wonder if they even know if they ship a little Operating System out of there?

:shock:
Oh, I gotcha... beg your pardon.
WFGeppetto
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by WFGeppetto »

Definitely internal. This was confirmed in Bungies latest update. We will never see Epsilon. Infact when they talked about beta, they didn't even mean the same build that we played, that was actually delta, but they didn't want to confuse the public testers, so they called it Public Beta. In Bungie speak, Beta is the second ever playable build, and was only tested internally. If they meant the Public Beta, they would have carefully specified the "public" part, since it is a completely different build.
Ragamuffin
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Ragamuffin »

Posting from my week of vacation, before school's back in. How long has it been since Server 3 was unlocked? I've stopped counting.

I don't even care if the thing comes anymore. I missed the flamefest on this topic by a few days, but a game igniting this much conflict, over some stupid packages (which half of the people who helped to unlock the servers may not ever see) is just... sad. If it comes, great. If it doesn't, whatever. I just want to cuddle up with my new copy of Halo 3 and do something that actually gives me some entertainment value.

I'll try calling again today, but I won't be able to post again if anything has changed. This whole thing is just depressing, amirite?
Kthreev
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Kthreev »

Perhaps we will be getting copies of Halo Uprising (released today), and thats why it's taken longer than the previous server prizes? Just speculation.
sharpsniper99

Unread post by sharpsniper99 »

Kthreev wrote:Perhaps we will be getting copies of Halo Uprising (released today), and thats why it's taken longer than the previous server prizes? Just speculation.
now that prize would just be amazing