Server 5 General Discussion

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

ShadeTrigger
Data [Undefined]

Re: Server 5 General Discussion

Unread post by ShadeTrigger »

theShadowfox wrote:
ii otnemem ii wrote:Another name for "God" is "Heavenly Father", buddy... Literal blood-descendants? Probably not... but the fact remains that the quote is definitely talking about the Human/Forerunner relationship... I believe that they were watching over humans (oddly, God-like), studying them... oh, and that's exactly what the Server 5 downloads point to. What a co-inky-dink.
Too many Christians...
I said gods. Plural. Not singular. That means several. God in christianity/for hebrews/islam= Heavenly Father. God(s) in other religions=deity(s) of power.
Drop Christianity people.(Do you all honestly believe Bungie would end this game series with Biblical references? ITS A SCIENCE FICTION GAME!)
I don't disagree that there is a Forerunner realtionship, but you guys are blowing it out of proportions. They had power/machines, we worshipped them. End of story. They didn't make us but, they may have accelerated our culture like SOTA (Why else would Bungie give us clues that lead to their website?) believes an extra-terestrial race did. I doubt they did experiments on us. And if they did they were probably mundane, like blood tests.
As someone pointed out, Forerunner machines called Humans reclaimers. In the Log5 transcript of server 5, the reason may be shown.
(Ark idea probably wrong too. --->)And may be the Ark is just a system to nulify whatever the Halos produce to kill sentient life. So all of Earth is the Ark.
I'm new to the forums but i'm not new to halo and bungie. Bungie makes alot of biblical references. So we can't rule that out either. And yes I'm a Christian but I'm also a scientist. I look at all the fact and piece them together. So stop saying it can't happen unless you have hard proof. In other words, it has to be obvious.
theShadowfox
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by theShadowfox »

ii otnemem ii wrote: Too many ASS-umptions...
I never said I was Christian (and just because someone points out -- because they ARE there for a reason; it isn't taboo to parallel an epic story of good vs. evil, redemption, zealotry and sacrifice with the most quoted and most popular book EVAR -- the biblical references in Halo, it doesn't make them Christian, either). Also, even "gods" (as in plural) are also referred to as "fathers" (Homer called Zeus the "father of gods and men").
When we say "they studied humans", I don't think anyone got the idea that the Forerunner did "experiments" on humans... that's just absurd. But they definitely observed, watched and tried to learn about us. [/rebuttal]
The thing that puzzles me about the Log 5 transcript is that it ends: "...with no one left to reclaim it." Reclaim what? There are a lot of nouns in the previous sentences that "it" could be, but the one that proper English would say it was is the same it as "...it will be a good world", meaning Earth. So, if Humans are the Reclaimers, then is it the Earth is able now to be "reclaimed" or "taken back", or something else? Or are we using the word "reclaim" too much, and ascribing it as a specific in the cases that it should be left as a generality?
You assume as well. If you read earlier posts you would see that someone did believe that Forerunners did experiments on us and made earlier versions of Spatan IIs.
I didn't say YOU were one. I'm saying there are TOO many. (How can you use Homer's gods as an example? They were too human to be gods! Gods wanting mortal women...disgusting. Pure fairly tale all of it.)
You're overthinking reclaim. When they said "...no one left to reclaim it" it meant the Flood had won and Earth had been taken by the Flood. But this didn't happen so their plan succeeded.
A better question would be to ask: What did "things" mean when in the server 5 video when they said,"What irony we find this treasure, only at the end of things."
sharpsniper99
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by sharpsniper99 »

They said in the video that they found our planet too late or something, the plan had already been put into motion.

By the things that can stop the flood they mean us – humans, we somehow can stop the flood – but the forerunners only found this out after activating the systems – this means in halo 3 whatever the forerunners found out, im pretty sure were going to use that to defeat the flood.
ii otnemem ii
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by ii otnemem ii »

theShadowfox wrote:*snip*
You're overthinking reclaim. When they said "...no one left to reclaim it" it meant the Flood had won and Earth had been taken by the Flood. But this didn't happen so their plan succeeded.
A better question would be to ask: What did "things" mean when in the server 5 video when they said,"What irony we find this treasure, only at the end of things."
...we can't say it "didn't" happen, we have to say it "hasn't happened yet", which means the plan hasn't necessarily succeeded, it just hasn't failed. Yeah, maybe over-thinking "reclaim"... I am still thinking though that even at this point there is something left to reclaim (other than Earth -- MC was called a "Reclaimer" before Earth was overrun by Covie). "Things" didn't have me wondering at all..."our things", as in "life and shtuff".

Ow, my things!
theShadowfox
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by theShadowfox »

ii otnemem ii wrote:
theShadowfox wrote:*snip*
...we can't say it "didn't" happen, we have to say it "hasn't happened yet", which means the plan hasn't necessarily succeeded, it just hasn't failed. Yeah, maybe over-thinking "reclaim"... I am still thinking though that even at this point there is something left to reclaim (other than Earth -- MC was called a "Reclaimer" before Earth was overrun by Covie). "Things" didn't have me wondering at all..."our things", as in "life and shtuff".

Ow, my things!
Ugh...you read a single sentance of that log. You have to read it with the rest for it to make sense. So their plan did succeed, because Earth isn't an enigma.
In another topic, someone pointed out Miranda Keyes was also called a Reclaimer(by Penitant Tangent I believe). So probably thats what Forerunners refer to humans as. We are to "reclaim" what the Forerunners lost from the Flood.
momstooth
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by momstooth »

bees ebay 320149764330
Darken Wolf
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Darken Wolf »

Thaylin wrote:Im not sure of this but when I was clicking around server 5 I flipped on this video but I did'nt get much as my computer was lagging. all a really got was some pictures of earth, text, and a picture of a flood.

By the way it wasnt a download but instead the object opend to reveal it.
That's a little odd... could you find it again?

Also, this is what momo meant: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %26fvi%3D1
Way to stay on the Server 5 topic, dude :roll: