Infestation JPEG

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

Bzerk
Data [Undefined]

Infestation JPEG

Unread post by Bzerk »

Hey I'm new to this whole ARG thing. Thus when I saw the whole ARG thing was almost at the last episode I decided to do what I usually do with ARG's, find video recaps of the ARG. Upon watching Webshift's video recap and seeing the 'Infestation' picture I couldn't help but notice something, the picture looks like a Blue Giant (a large hot burning star) is in the foreground and the red bulge is actually something orbiting the star. The change in color of this orbiting body also may be the result of the floods nature to change the environment to suit their needs. Just a thought, tell me what you guys think!
Ibeechu
Moderator [Designated]

Re: Infestation JPEG

Unread post by Ibeechu »

Oh, me, EXCELLENT job on the videos, by the way.
Last edited by UnrealCh13f on Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited the post with the real person who does the videos
Bzerk
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Bzerk »

lol yeah great job to webshift, but seriously. This theory worth anything or just discarded garbage? Opinions?
Ibeechu
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Ibeechu »

LMFAOLOLWTFBBQ.
Actually, DHalo and I made the videos, not Webshift. But that was just too funny to pass up. Hahahaha. Anyway, we now return to our regularly -scheduled Discussion.

Things like Infestation.JPEG confirm to me at least that the ARG is not yet over. There are too many things like that that need to be resolved. I don't know how or when, but they will (or I hope so) be soon. We could theorize all we want about soemthing like Infestation but there's just so little context that it's impossible to figure out what it is unless we get a new piece of info.
Bzerk
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Bzerk »

excellent, I just thought I'd put in my 2 cents about the image because the blue sphere reminded me of images I had seen of blue giants.
BootsMcGavin
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by BootsMcGavin »

I think he could have a point... And the only way to tell ANYTHING from that picture is just from the file name "Infestation".... otherwise it would be impossible to get anything out of that file.

I also think Ibeechu has a good point. Even though your theory is good, unfortunately, there is no way to build on it at this time.
NightFalcon
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by NightFalcon »

I posted an analysis of the Infestation.jpg The blue "planet" is indeed a star, and the red planet orbiting it is an extrasolar planet. The other three croped images of planets is in fact planet Mars.
As you can see the photos are depicted in visible light, thermal view and an altered overlay of both. What do you think?
Analysis
Analysis
Full analysis.JPG (108.16 KiB) Viewed 13002 times
ProfessorHojo05
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by ProfessorHojo05 »

VERY interesting, but what relevance does it have? Topographical and thermal maps of mars? Could this mean that the Ark is on Mars and not earth? Has there been ANYTHING that absolutely says that the Ark is on earth? Anything that directly says that, and isn't just the most likely answer?
Maimbot 9000
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Maimbot 9000 »

We've had it answered definitively in recent online and print articles about Halo 3; I'll use spoiler tags in case anyone out there really does not want to know anything going into the game:

[spoiler]The Ark is the massive artifact in Africa that we see in the E3 trailer.[/spoiler]
Master D0rk
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Master D0rk »

ProfessorHojo05 wrote:VERY interesting, but what relevance does it have? Topographical and thermal maps of mars? Could this mean that the Ark is on Mars and not earth? Has there been ANYTHING that absolutely says that the Ark is on earth? Anything that directly says that, and isn't just the most likely answer?
I don't know if it's related or not, but the beginning of the Halo: Uprising episode 1 shows Covenant cruisers around Mars, doesn't it? Nothing is stated as to relevance or reason for that, but it might be related - maybe there's something relevant to Mars in the game.