Server 5 General Discussion

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

DC Tactical
Data [Conditional]

Re: Server 5 General Discussion

Unread post by DC Tactical »

Ya know, with all these Forerunner messages and such in this Iris ARG, I'm starting to think that not only is this ARG a game for the hardcore, it's also an introduction of the Forerunner to people who may not have delved that deep into the story. The reason for this? Well I really do believe that some point in Halo 3 we will meet them, or even just one.

And what would you do to avoid completely confusing the player in the game as to why they are meeting this ancient race? Introduce them in a very public ARG. Those players who are new to the series are going to need to know who they are before actually playing; hence why it makes so much sense to me now about this ARG. I could be wrong, and likely I am, but it just doesn't feel like it.
ShortRoundMcfly
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by ShortRoundMcfly »

DC Tactical wrote:Ya know, with all these Forerunner messages and such in this Iris ARG, I'm starting to think that not only is this ARG a game for the hardcore, it's also an introduction of the Forerunner to people who may not have delved that deep into the story. The reason for this? Well I really do believe that some point in Halo 3 we will meet them, or even just one.

And what would you do to avoid completely confusing the player in the game as to why they are meeting this ancient race? Introduce them in a very public ARG. Those players who are new to the series are going to need to know who they are before actually playing; hence why it makes so much sense to me now about this ARG. I could be wrong, and likely I am, but it just doesn't feel like it.

This is my belief as well. I think that some of the Forerunners may even me trapped inside the Ark and we'll met them in Halo 3. Think about it. When the Spartan III's were trapped in the Dyson spheres, the shield world worked perfectly, except that there was no way for them to let themselves out.
System Failure
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by System Failure »

"Outside the line" that kinda explains why we weren't killed by the pwning wave of Halo death. Sometimes it pays to live one the outskirts of the galaxy.
EliteSniper177
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by EliteSniper177 »

well were not exactly on the outskirts of the galaxy:

http://www.news.wisc.edu/newsphotos/ima ... _sun05.jpg
theShadowfox
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by theShadowfox »

DC Tactical wrote:Ya know, with all these Forerunner messages and such in this Iris ARG, I'm starting to think that not only is this ARG a game for the hardcore, it's also an introduction of the Forerunner to people who may not have delved that deep into the story. The reason for this? Well I really do believe that some point in Halo 3 we will meet them, or even just one.

Good thinking. After all those Forerunner logs I began to think we might meet one at (if not near) the end of Halo 3. They (maybe just one...) might explain a few things.(Like how to defeat the Flood [I think we just have to kill the Gravemind, he's the one that pulls the strings of all the Flood; just like cutting the head off a snake.])
ProfessorHojo05
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by ProfessorHojo05 »

theShadowfox wrote: Good thinking. After all those Forerunner logs I began to think we might meet one at (if not near) the end of Halo 3. They (maybe just one...) might explain a few things.(Like how to defeat the Flood [I think we just have to kill the Gravemind, he's the one that pulls the strings of all the Flood; just like cutting the head off a snake.])
Remember though, once you cut the head off of a snake, it still lives for a while. I think that the Forerunners built multiple shield worlds and hid in them. In Ghost of Onyx it shows that these shield worlds can't be entered in any way (known so far) once they are closed. I think it also shows that they can't be reopened from the inside once closed as well. If the Forerunners hid in these shield worlds they would be isolated from the Flood forever. Maybe they thought that humans would be able to evolve to a point where they could open the shield worlds by cooperating with the Forerunners inside.
Bzerk
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Bzerk »

M3 Rokit wrote:
You asked me once, what happened to those who vanished?
You asked me, why did we survive where our fathers fell?
You wished to know how we ever let it happen
A scourge that consumed the galaxy
And the cure that was worse than the cancer
You asked me once about my intent
And the spot that would not wash out
I promise you the answers lie in the Ark
Find me there in the dark
For that is where I abide
AI or actual Surviving Forerunner/decendt of surviving forerunner? The text reference to "why did we survive where our fathers fell?" Our fathers is referencing the forerunners obviously, this also could be AR since he again references the 'spot' and the questions on his 'intent.' I guess we won't know until September 25th.
retina
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by retina »

Wait, I thought that if this was AR, and fathers were the forerunner, then:
You asked me [AR], why did we survive where our fathers [Forerunners] fell?
Doesn't that mean then: "why did we [humans] survive where our fathers [Forerunners] fell?"

Is this another reference to the Human-Forerunner connection?

And by the way, I am not new here, I have another account named JustAHunch with a decent amount of posts.
Thaylin
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Thaylin »

Im not sure of this but when I was clicking around server 5 I flipped on this video but I did'nt get much as my computer was lagging. all a really got was some pictures of earth, text, and a picture of a flood.

By the way it wasnt a download but instead the object opend to reveal it.
Displaced
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Displaced »

Bzerk wrote:
M3 Rokit wrote:
You asked me once, what happened to those who vanished?
You wished to know how we ever let it happen
A scourge that consumed the galaxy
And the cure that was worse than the cancer
You asked me once about my intent
And the spot that would not wash out
I promise you the answers lie in the Ark
Find me there in the dark
For that is where I abide
That reminds of what 343 says in halo:ce
"you'd ask me if i would do it last time" Or something like that