Terminal.jpg General Discussion

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

BootsMcGavin
Data [Conditional]

Re: Terminal.jpg General Discussion

Unread post by BootsMcGavin »

phantomvortex wrote:Has anyone else noticed that the eyeball-ish image in the pic looks what I assume is the Ark in announcement trailer? Notice especially that radiating sections in the "eye" look very much like the panels that rise in trailer just before the blast.

I agree.... it could be the Ark from a birds eye view...

But the image is called terminal, so it is more likely to be that
ProfessorHojo05
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by ProfessorHojo05 »

WhatPfhor wrote:I didn't mean to imply that Cortana was forerunner. Clearly she is Human-made. Just drawing a similarity and speculating on a Forerunner AI role.
In the Halo books it states that human built AIs degrade after time. Perhaps Cortana was able to stop this or at least slow it down by merging her program with a Forerunner AI and became a Moniter/Terminal thing.
brizza28
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by brizza28 »

if you layer unknown.jpg over this, do they match anywhere?
rewind
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by rewind »

You know...it could be something other than J.

Could be a T

Thoth
Traxus
etc

Or meant to be a combination of J & T
TheJoseph
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by TheJoseph »

Not sure if this is helpful or not, but the entire image, when shrunken down, fits perfectly inside the smaller "eye" on the right. I've left the image at its original resolution but cropped it quite a bit to show this.

It should be noted that the original terminal.jpg is a very large image when compared to all the previous server pictures (2560x1440). I think that, given the size, we're supposed to get something out of the details. Maybe this is it, but I don't see any clues here. I should also note that the object on the right is spherical - you can see distortion on the very edges (use the original image for this, as this one is too cropped). Anyway, go wild.
Attachments
Terminal Plus.jpg
Terminal Plus.jpg (508.69 KiB) Viewed 10087 times
Rosco-128
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Rosco-128 »

Not sure if this has been posted on another forum, but here's something I noticed.

The "pedestal" that the eyball-like thing is floating above looks a lot like the controll-pannel the Cheif leans over in the H3 E307 trailer. The only difference is that the panel in the E307 trailer has little teeth-like things along it's edge.

Maybe this scene from the trailer is the first time in H3 you encounter a terminal.

BTW, this is my first post on ABO. I've been following the ARG (or trying to) since it started up, but only now had anything really worth signing up and posting.
Attachments
increased the brightness.
increased the brightness.
MCterminal bright.jpg (50.27 KiB) Viewed 10002 times
from the H3 E307 trailer
from the H3 E307 trailer
MCterminal.jpg (12.87 KiB) Viewed 10001 times
cropped from the Terminal image
cropped from the Terminal image
Terminal cropped.jpg (149.04 KiB) Viewed 10003 times
Lurono
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Lurono »

Rosco-128 wrote:Not sure if this has been posted on another forum, but here's something I noticed.

The "pedestal" that the eyball-like thing is floating above looks a lot like the controll-pannel the Cheif leans over in the H3 E307 trailer. The only difference is that the panel in the E307 trailer has little teeth-like things along it's edge.

Maybe this scene from the trailer is the first time in H3 you encounter a terminal.

BTW, this is my first post on ABO. I've been following the ARG (or trying to) since it started up, but only now had anything really worth signing up and posting.
That was actually my first thought when I saw the picture... Perhaps these terminals we are supposed to find look like this?
lostgeek
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by lostgeek »

What about the new map "Terminal" in Halo 2? Just a thought...
Dsandrcok
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Dsandrcok »

that sounds like a good idea.
Doug52392
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Doug52392 »

I was thinking, what if when it sais Terminal, its refering to an actual Terminal server, like the one included with Windows Server operating systems starting with Windows NT 4 Terminal Server? It seems like a longshot, but maby the picture has an IP address of some sort and we have to connect to it via Remote Desktop Connection?