MB05032 General Discussion

Discussion of anything and everything that happens within the Iris Alternate Reality Game.

Moderator: Moderators

Zartael
Data [Conditional]

Re: MB05032 General Discussion

Unread post by Zartael »

I see the resembalance, but wheres the funky 'J' symbol in the terminal circle?

Dunno, sorta subscribe to the theory that these are the terminals that you have to collect in the game. Collect for what- /shrug. Of course, it could be a super-monitor, or the monitor of Installation Ark 01 or whatever. Definitely Forerunner though.
SKR
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by SKR »

I'm sure I've seen that circular symbol in terminal.jpg before. In Halo or Halo 2, somewhere. I'll check it out tomorrow maybe.
Galv
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Galv »

I'm totally new to this whole ARG thing so I'm playing catch up here, but I just wanted to note the really oddball results you get when you google MB05032. http://www.pnas.org/cgi/content/full/102/22/7970

Some sort of diabetes research compound???! Totally odd and possibly has already been discussed since someone mentioned this isn't the first file with this name. Sorry if its a repeat and slightly off the path of the thread atm.
DocOctavius
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by DocOctavius »

The thing on the right in the "terminal.jpg" looks sorta like a node from Tron 2.0... did anyone play that? There was a small reference to marathon during the game... just an observation.
DHalo
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by DHalo »

H3 Achievement List Spoils

[spoiler]There's an achievement called Marathon Man. You get it by access all of the terminals. TERMINALS.[/spoiler]
Xastabus
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Xastabus »

I believe the jpg may prove my theory that AR was a construct similar to the Monitors. It looks like a holographic eye. A little different design, but the basic shape it there.

Edits: The diabetes thing has been discussed to death. I believe it has been considered coincidental and unrelated. Not sure.

I played Tron 2.0 but wouldn't have gotten any Marathon references as I've never played the Marathon games.

The ball thing looks more like a holographic representation of a Forerunner construct to me.
Power to IRIS
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Power to IRIS »

It seems as though you are thinking about the image to much. Interestingly enough, look directly below the Forerunner circle. See that? That,my friends, is the proof that in the H3 E3 07 Trailer, Master Cheif and Arby are inside the Ark. The little Flood spores someone pointed out in the background of the last part of the E3 Trailer mean that the Flood might have gotten inside the Ark because they stowed away on the Forerunner ship from High Charity. While nobody was looking, they snuck inside, and by then, they turned into Carrier forms and blew up. That's how all that Flood muck got on the walls. :ugeek:
FireFly
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by FireFly »

kirioni wrote:Why weren't there reclaimers on the shield world (onyx), wouldn't that be necessary for the world to have a purpose?
Humanity are the reclaimers, and humanity never fulfilled that purpose.
Echelon Three
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Echelon Three »

Xastabus wrote:I believe the jpg may prove my theory that AR was a construct similar to the Monitors. It looks like a holographic eye. A little different design, but the basic shape it there.

Edits: The diabetes thing has been discussed to death. I believe it has been considered coincidental and unrelated. Not sure.

I played Tron 2.0 but wouldn't have gotten any Marathon references as I've never played the Marathon games.

The ball thing looks more like a holographic representation of a Forerunner construct to me.
Guys, this kinda belongs in the Terminal.jpg thread. This thread is for MB05032.txt.
FireFly wrote:
kiriani wrote:Why weren't there reclaimers on the shield world (onyx), wouldn't that be necessary for the world to have a purpose?
There weren't reclaimers on Onyx when humanity got there because humanity=/=Forerunner. The Forerunner used Onyx during the first firing, although something may not have gone to plan since we can't be sure if there are any Forerunner in the Dyson sphere. Likewise, when humanity/Reclaimers came to Onyx, things did not go to plan (again). What with how things have turned out, the Covenant were an unexpected development in the Forerunners' eyes; they expected humanity in its own creativity to gain the stars and reclaim their legacy, not be decimated by an overzealous, egotistical empire governed by deluded, corrupted imitators of the Forerunners. While I could see Onyx being used by Reclaimers had everything gone to plan, Onyx became a mostly useless world...unless Halsey, Mendez and the Spartans come in later in any story arc.
supremely
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by supremely »

FireFly wrote:
kirioni wrote:Why weren't there reclaimers on the shield world (onyx), wouldn't that be necessary for the world to have a purpose?
there Were reclaimers on onyx... they just didnt know how to fufill their reclaiming mission, and actually in GoO we're never told what that process would have been but:
[spoiler]GoO pg 133:
Ash quinted, but couldn't make out the characters.
"Secruity prtocols enabled," the drone spoke over the COM.
"I understood that," Ash replied.
"Ring offensive system activated," it said. "Sield in countdown mode. Exchange proper counterresponse, Reclaimer."
"I don't want to hurt you," Ash tried.
He has no idea what this thing wanted.
"Non Sequitur, it said. "Reclassification of targets as non-Reclaimers. Aboriginal subspecies. Collect for further analysis- else neutralize as possible infection vector."[/spoiler]
in Halo 1 GS never doubts MC as a reclaimer and he never knew what responses to make, im thinking that perhaps because of the S3's being not as ... er, enhanced as the S2's AND not knowing what to say, then this sentinal reclassifies them. However,
[spoiler]at the end when a mixture of the S2's and S3's and the dr. etc drop into the shield, then technically you can say that there are reclaimers on the shield and it DID serve its purpose. what they were supposed to do on onyx beside jump into the shield is... i dunno.[/spoiler]
anyway someone mentioned that the Terminal pic looks like where mc is looking into in the e3 video sounds right but... it looked to me like where you'd jump in if you were oh, jumping into a shield :P thats what i thought too when i saw it.

ps theres no way this is ending just cuz of 5 being up. i mean this universe is so vast... we'll be here theorizing after the game is up lol.