The Array

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

grantix
Data [Conditional]

The Array

Unread post by grantix »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Array

So... an array isn't just a set of things, a grouping of random items.

It's a computer term (I've been watching this thing unfold more so than interact).

A data structure of elements which are indexed.

Boy... so what is the array, in what computer system does the array exist? Lets thing... what does the Index do in Halo? It activates the Halos. How does it do this? Perhaps it uploads the information, which it has Indexed. It uploads the plans, everything needed to fire the halos. Basically, Halo is this hardware, the Index is the software.

So... where does the Array fall in? Apparently the Array is in flux... which flux means: A state of ongoing change.

So the if the Array is changing that means that the information, the Elements which are indexed (via numbers) within the data structure are constantly changing. So... what are these Elements?

We need to figure this out... cause time is running out, we have until 1:00 PST tomorrow. If we don't do anything then the event will not occur.

What are these Elements?!
LoneRanger 2.5
Data [Authenticated]

Re: The Array

Unread post by LoneRanger 2.5 »

When I read those posts, I was thinking of the "Array" as the heart of either the Ark or some other Forerunner creation. It's definitely an interesting choice of words, at least when capitalized.

As for the elements found within the Array, I don't think they're what we should be thinking about. I believe we should be pondering the effects of those elements.
strifemaster
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by strifemaster »

Maybe the Array is the position of the Halos
grantix
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by grantix »

That's doubtful. I think it's computer related.
bovine politics
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by bovine politics »

grantix wrote:That's doubtful. I think it's computer related.
No. AR said in a Bungie.net post that the Array has been fired. It's the Halo network, and gave a time of about 100,000 years ago, when they were in fact fired.
grantix
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by grantix »

Ok. Damn I keep forgeting little things like that. So how or why is the Array fluxuating?
bovine politics
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by bovine politics »

grantix wrote:Ok. Damn I keep forgeting little things like that. So how or why is the Array fluxuating?
After the destruction of installation 4 and the canceled firing of installation 5, the system is probably in the networking equivalent of a panic mode and is going nuts trying to fix itself, possibly with disastrous consequences.
SKR
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by SKR »

grantix wrote:Ok. Damn I keep forgeting little things like that. So how or why is the Array fluxuating?
May just be ARs excuse for "I have no idea".
PhoenixA1
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by PhoenixA1 »

Halo installation 04 doesn't get destroyed for another 495 years... So what could be causing the "array" of halos to be "in flux" at this point in time when they supposedly haven't even been interacted with for 99500 years and supposedly wont be for another 500?
LoneRanger 2.5
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by LoneRanger 2.5 »

Us discovering the Ark?