Iris

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

whiteness
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Iris

Unread post by whiteness »

blackest earth could imply abyss.....
UrsusArctos
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by UrsusArctos »

Hmm. Take a look at what the Prophets say about salvation, and compare it to Reflex. First off, Regret:

I shall light this sacred ring, release it's cleansing flame, and burn a path into the divine beyond!

Mercy sees it differently:

Halo. Its divine wind will rush through the stars, propelling all who are worthy along the path to salvation.

and now Reflex:
Who is the path of light from blackest Earth to brilliant heaven?
On whose golden wings will we fly from here to there?

While the Prophets seem to view the Halos as a tool for burning or blowing them into heaven, it seems like a sentient being is the real key to salvation. The source of the covenant delusion, perhaps: seeing the way out as a thing and not as a person? Don't forget the covenant obsession with relics, either.
UrsusArctos
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by UrsusArctos »

Sorry for the double post, but something just clicked. We've been talking about Iris being represented as a rainbow all this time, haven't we? Guess what! In the Bible, the rainbow is a symbol of God's covenant with man. This old HSP post below has it all-

http://halosm.bungie.org/story/newssear ... wsitem=111

God says, "Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." , and the Earth shall no longer have to face the waters of a flood again.

There's more to rainbows than pretty colors...
blankCANVAS
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by blankCANVAS »

Wow! That has to have some sort of significance, nice find!
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Sir Topham Hat »

For crying out loud, research Iris a little bit more and you find a connection not only to Chrysopteron but also the rainbow....
Machine
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Machine »

"Who is the path of light from blackest Earth to brilliant heaven?
On whose golden wings will we fly from here to there?"

The Prophet of Truth on his throne with the golden wing-shapes on the back! ;)

Iris fits very well. Is Cortana our Iris?
iNteRn
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by iNteRn »

EDIT: Nvm what is said, thought it was the same flowers as on IvoryTower but that was wrong.
Chees3mz
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Chees3mz »

Ok, I'm a kinda rusty on some of my Halo stuff- but hey this is the Speculation forum. So here's what popped into my head sorta. So, I'm not sure that I know everything about this Iris thing- but I do know that it is on that countdown site or w/e. Ok, so this Iris can be associated with a deluge of water, or a flood...or the flood or w/e? Ok, and we also have the whole rainbow connection thing here. We also have the whole Ark thing too. So, I know im not thinking everything out or w/e and all this may be obvious to you guys anyways; but maybe it'l help spawn some thoughts for you.

Ok, so the Ark is basically like a Halo...on Earth? Its something destructive. Isn't it that thing in the Halo3 vid?

Alright, so try not to mind my tenative, unorganized, and sort of "thinking out loud" writing here.

Ok, so im gonna list all these associated things out here first form the Halo universe and stuff and other things that go along with the whole Biblical connection that Bungie uses sometimes.

We have angels(wings of light), demon (MasterChief) -ok, so it depends on whose side you are on. The Covies view MasterChief as a demon...so we may view him as an angel?

Also, if you view Master Chief and The Arbiter as sort of the same thing, or like twins or w/e- going along with the whole demon, and angel and the whole golden wings and heaven stuff. Satan, in the Bible is a fallen angel of light - a very important angel actually - and he brought other angels with him too when he fell. So, make the comparison with the Arbiter. It just popped into my head, actually my Dad came up with that concept mainly.

We have the flood, and flood related things of various types.
The Flood, The Ark. Rainbows. and the covenant. All related in Halo universe and Biblically. Ok, actually...I can't remember...i maybe contradicting what i said before but you can all always correct me. The Ark is actually built to contain the Flood? So, if we are taking the Ark as a kind of reverse or ironic twist to the Bible Ark. The Ark contained the "good" humans and the flood waters destroyed the "bad". So if we reverse that for Halo: The Ark CONTAINS the FLOOD, and the "flood waters" destroy the humans? Idk. Im just thinking everything that I can, out loud. lol.

Ok, and then the Rainbow...which...i just thought of this now...if you look at it in the sky- looks kinda like Halo without the colors in the sky, if you think about it. Ok, so the Rainbow signifies a Covenant with man. So we join the Elites in the true Covenant which will not be broken...that no destruction will ever happen again...and we both(humans and covies) ascend to heaven through our angel(s)? There's a couple other Biblical analogies i can think of too with the A.I.s, but I think it may be too much speculation for one day? Especially if none of the above is helpful in the first place anyways.
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Sir Topham Hat »

Mmm, that was very stream of conciousness and not very understandable. The Ark isn't the source of destruction, but the Halos can be activated from there. Master Chief has always been a sort of Christ figure in the series, and the Arbiter is kind of his counterpart, but there are distinct differences. The Ark in the bible was built to shield Noah and the animals from the flood, in this case the Ark may also act as a sort of shield like Onyx in addition to activating the Halos.
Chees3mz
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Chees3mz »

Yeah, yes it was very...very...stream of consciousness. lol...