SERVER 5 PENDING! [Discussion Thread]

The home for threads that have been locked and don't fit into any other archive category.

Moderator: Moderators

ProfessorHojo05
Data [Authenticated]

Re: SERVER 5 PENDING! [Discussion Thread]

Unread post by ProfessorHojo05 »

live faust:die jung wrote:did anyone stop to think that the times listed are actually GMT times?
that'd make everything starting about 7 or 8 pm Eastern...
therefore:
central - 6-7
mountain - 5-6
pacific - 4-5

this would put everything right about prime time... thoughts?
sounds good, but I don't think it fits well with TAL very well. It WOULD make things alot more conveniant though. I don't want to have to wait till 10 PM to get anything. But hey, patience is a virtue right?
Yawar
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Yawar »

What was the syntax of prior server keys? Are they letters, numbers, or a mix?
live faust:die jung
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by live faust:die jung »

i'm saying that it would be 23:59 GMT. which would be either 7 or 8 pm eastern.
i say GMT because it is an international game, and GMT is the basis for the other timezones. just a thought. i mean, everything's coordinated to go off at the same time when you adjust everything to ONE timezone (in this case, people are doing it to either pacific [9pm] or eastern [midnight] time zones) maybe it's actually based off of another time zone altogether.
that's why i'm looking at 4-8 local time.
Dalthanas
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Dalthanas »

I see what you're saying, but then why have two different times on the ATL page? Wouldn't it be just as reasonable to say that its 21:00 GMT and not 23:59?
Last edited by Dalthanas on Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ProfessorHojo05
Data [Authenticated]

live faust:die jung wrote:i'm saying that it would be 23:59 GMT. which would be either 7 or 8 pm eastern.
i say GMT because it is an international game, and GMT is the basis for the other timezones. just a thought. i mean, everything's coordinated to go off at the same time when you adjust everything to ONE timezone (in this case, people are doing it to either pacific [9pm] or eastern [midnight] time zones) maybe it's actually based off of another time zone altogether.

Sound judgment, but I don't think that is the case with this.
IrisCorven
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by IrisCorven »

I think someone already posted the info fro mthe SWF, and it's listed as New York being under Eastern Time. So just go off the time-zones in those cities/states.
Kelzorz
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Kelzorz »

ProfessorHojo05 wrote:Does anyone have any theories as to what will happen other then a link to the bounce path control?
an audio! ;)
Kashaku
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Kashaku »

live faust:die jung wrote:i'm saying that it would be 23:59 GMT. which would be either 7 or 8 pm eastern.
While that does seem plausible, and makes sense, the one factor that seems to hinder this is the correlation of the cities and the times next to it...

But, if they did that to throw us off...then 7 or 8 would be a good time to also check...but thats me being paranoid :?
live faust:die jung
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by live faust:die jung »

another thought as to what may be going on and where.
given the dna sample from server 4 has at least been credited as 'mostly' chinese alligator, maybe the 'artifact' in these locations will be hidden at local zoos... just a thought. any chinese alligators at any of the zoos in ny, la, or seattle?
ProfessorHojo05
Data [Authenticated]

live faust:die jung wrote:another thought as to what may be going on and where.
given the dna sample from server 4 has at least been credited as 'mostly' chinese alligator, maybe the 'artifact' in these locations will be hidden at local zoos... just a thought. any chinese alligators at any of the zoos in ny, la, or seattle?
here is an example of good thinking outside the box. I would be dissapointed if we had to go to a zoo in just these 3 specific cities. It would just seem..........not right to me.