Artifact Location city letters

The home for threads that have been locked and don't fit into any other archive category.

Moderator: Moderators

MC_
Data [Conditional]

Re: Artifact Location city letters

Unread post by MC_ »

What time zone?
MulletedOne
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by MulletedOne »

Bungie is PDT, heh.
ii otnemem ii
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by ii otnemem ii »

3 cities: LA, Seattle, NYC

From article at Bungie -- 12 cities: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Boston, Dallas, Washington DC, Atlanta, Detroit, Miami, Seattle.

Previous SOTA Rallies -- 6 (reported) cities: New York City, London, Vancouver, Chicago , San Francisco, Boston.

Correlation: ALL major cities, population-wise, hence a large possibility of being noticed and a large populous to market to.

Now, another tie-in... the SOTA Membership Application states that membership review is following a new lunar cycle. The ONLY New Moon left before the release of Halo 3 occurs on September 11th/12th (depending on your TZ). We have no reason to believe that the Membership Application will not be used at some point in the ARG -- in fact, we have every reason to believe that it will be used (because it exists and even specifies when it will be used).

I think we are in for more SOTA "rallies", possibly taking place 8/16/2007 in the 3 specified cities (which fit the MO). Along with this will be an membership application submission period, with review taking place around September 12th/13th and notification sometime soon thereafter. Frankie even stated there will be "some antics [they] may plan around the launch of Halo 3"... sounds to me like a launch party. And "recruiting for SOTA" would be a great in-game way to learn who should be a part of it and who played a large role in Iris. Frankie recruited OOG with his "Are you the world's biggest Halo fan?" segment of the 7/20 WWU. His WWU states that his criteria are "a one paragraph explanation of why you’re the most loyal Halo fan from your region..., Anecdotes, links, even (very small) photos are welcome proofs that you’re the hardest of the hardcore..." and that "jumbo emails will be rejected, and make sure you include a way for us to contact you efficiently and quickly." Look at what is on the SOTA form: Your name, Email address, How you heard about SOTA, Other ET groups/interests, What unique skills you have to help search for extra-terrestrials. Sounds like an in-game version of Frankie's requests to me. :shock:

Yes, it's speculation, but signs seem to point that way. Those who are serious about Iris may want to start updating their SOTA resumes. ;)
AfRo SaUcE
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by AfRo SaUcE »

Well, all you lucky jerks get ready for tomorrow! More speculation: When we fill out our membership things for SOTA online and a confirmation e-mail from them back could possibly have some sort of link..
Bradxd
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Bradxd »

YEAHH BOSTON
BootsMcGavin
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by BootsMcGavin »

august 16 eastern time... nothin new on theartifactlocation.com for new york

i wish i could stay up til 3 AM without dying at work tomorrow :(

by the way, hi everybody!

<---- first post
LordOsiris
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by LordOsiris »

BootsMcGavin wrote:august 16 eastern time... nothin new on theartifactlocation.com for new york

i wish i could stay up til 3 AM without dying at work tomorrow :(

by the way, hi everybody!

<---- first post
I doubt it will be updated until every city on the list has reached august 16th. it may not even show up until lunch time tomorrow.

By the way, Hi and welcome!
Crunchman
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Crunchman »

Hello, Boosts, You're awesome!
And, yes, there is no update to the site.
Aegis
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Aegis »

Thanks to everyone for contributing ^^
My internet was down. Looks like it came back just in time!
I definitely have some catching up to do.

Oh, yes, and welcome here, Boots! :!:
ProfessorHojo05
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by ProfessorHojo05 »

Welcome indeed Boots.

I am staying up as long as possible to catch the update the second it occures.